Part 5: your my friend

Y/n, Nat, Steve, Sam, Nick, and Maria were discussing on how they were going to stop hydra. Nick was holding was holding a photo of Pierce in his hand.

"This man declined the noble peace prize. He said peace wasn't an achievement, it was a responsibility." He said throw the photo on the table. "See, it's stuff like this that gives me trust issues."

"We have to stop the launch." Nat said.

"I don't think the council's accepting my calls anymore." He then opened a case with three targeting blades.

"What's that?"

"Once the helicarriers reach 3,000 feet, they'll triangulate with insight satellites, becoming fully weaponized." Maria explained.

"We need to breach those carriers and replace their targeting blades with our own." Nick said.

"One or two won't cut it. We need to link all three carriers for this to work, because if even one of those ships remains operational, a whole lot of people are gonna die." Maria said.

"We have to assume everyone aboard those carriers is hydra. We have to get past them, insert these server blades. And maybe, just maybe we can salvage what's left-"

"We're not salvaging anything. We're not just taking down the carriers, Nick. We're taking down shield." Y/n said.

"Shield had nothing to do with this." Nick protested.

"You gave us this mission. This how it ends. Shields been compromised you said so yourself. Hydra grew right under your nose and nobody noticed." Steve add.

"Why do you think we're meeting in this cave? I noticed."

"How many paid the price before you did." Y/n said.

"Look, I didn't know about Barnes or Parker."

"Even if you had, would you have told us? Or would you have compartmentalized that, too? Shield, hydra, it all goes." Steve said.

"He's right." Maria agreed with him. Nick looked the others for their opinions. Nat just sat back in her seat. He looked to Sam.

"Don't look at me. I do what they do, just slower."Sam said.

"Well...it looks like you're giving the orders now, Captain." Nick said.

~~

After they had discussed the plan they went off to get prepared. Y/n was sitting in another room by himself remembering some times he and Peter shared.

Flashback

Y/n and Peter were at coney Island with MJ, Ned, and Harry. They were having a great time together rode a couple rides. "Dude let's go on that one."

Y/n suggested pointing at a high roller coaster. He purposely suggested that one because Peter was scared of heights.

"Hell no." Peter said immediately.

"Come on bro it'll be fun, right guys." Y/n asked MJ, Harry and Ned. They nodded in agreement. "Alright it's agreed, let's go."