wikipedia

Park Bora (Hangeul: 박보라) or Chloe Park, known simply as Bora her stage name (Hangeul: 보라) born December 26, 2005 in Belgium, is an actress, singer, dancer, rapper, producer and Korean songwriter. She was first known for her appearance in the music video for the 2012 international hit single "Gangnam Style". She then began her career on the Broadway stage as Young Cosette in Les Misérables (2014 - 2015). She is a member of the girl group DIVINE and a soloist. She is the recipient of various accolades, including one Academy Awards, three Grammy Awards, and one Golden Globe Awards.

Born : December 26, 2005 (age 18)             BelgiumEducation: Seocho Middle School • School ofPerforming Arts SeoulOccupations : Actress • Dancer • Singer • Rapper • Songwriter • ProducerYears active: 2012-present

             Belgium
Education: Seocho Middle School • School of
Performing Arts Seoul
Occupations : Actress • Dancer • Singer • Rapper • Songwriter • Producer
Years active: 2012-present

Musical career

Genres : K-pop • R&B • pop-punk • pop rock
Instrument(s) : Vocals • Guitar • Piano
Labels: BPM
Formerly of : SM • Excel
Member of : VG • DIVINE
Formerly of : SM Rookies

Korean name

Hangul : 박보라
Revised Romanization : Pak Pola

Early life and Education

Park Bora was born on December 26, 2005, in Belgium. Coming from a family of music lovers, Bora showed interest in becoming a singer when she was only five years old. Besides her passion for singing, she is also able to play piano, acoustic guitar, bass electric, electric guitar and violin.

She moved to Seoul to live at 5, in 2011. There, she started using her Korean name "Park Bora". In Korea, she lived in Gangnam, a neighbourhood in Seoul. She went to Seocho Middle School.

In February 2024, Bora graduated from Hanlim Multi Art School.

Career

Bora went viral in 2012 for her dance covers on the song Bad Girl Good Girl by Miss A, Sorry Sorry by Super Junior, MIROTIC by TVXQ! and Sherlock by SHINee. Netizens surnomed her "The little prodigy" or even "The future of Kpop".

Bora's covers on her YouTube Channel was witnessed by the South Korean music artist PSY, who subsequently called her up to appear in the music video of "Gangnam Style".

As a result of the worldwide popularity of "Gangnam Style", Bora has gained an international cult following and also caught the attention of foreign broadcasting networks such as CNN and ABC News. According to Soompi, she has become one of the "hottest" celebrities in K-Pop.

She was also spotted by several companies such as YG, JYP, SM and CUBE and even thought she was only 6 years old. She sent her audition which was "The Boys" by Girl's Generation to SM.

In August 2012, Bora officially joined SM Entertainment as a trainee. On July 8, 2015, she was introduced as a member of SM Rookies, a pre-debut team of trainees under SM Entertainment.