chapter ten

vee and rory's shakespeare class were to recreate romeo and juliet scenes in whatever styles they decided

vee and rory's shakespeare class were to recreate romeo and juliet scenes in whatever styles they decided. rory was stuck with paris, while victoria had been put into a group with sadie and henry (the guy lane had been secretly calling while pretending for her mother that she was talking to rory or tori).

the group had decided on a business-esque theme for their act: mercutio's death. and for some reason, vee had been made mercutio. so, she was searching through thrift stores with sadie for suits for their scene because neither wanted to invest in something they would wear once.

well, victoria would wear once, sadie was starting to think she looked hot in a suit and should wear one more often. 

"this will definitely do," sadie told, posing in the mirror. 

victoria sighed, "you look hot, i look like i'm being possessed by a blues brother. or swallowed whole by one."

sadie rolled her eyes, moving to stand next to tori, "you look hot too, you just need to style it better. here. roll the sleeves, and unbutton the shirt slightly."

victoria did as she said, still disliking the suit, "whatever we have to wear it for class, i don't care."

"oh no, we're wearing these out. it'll be fun. i'm still running lines and staying at yours right?"

"oh, always. but do we have to we-"

"yes." 

victoria stared at sadie, who was not budging with her own, "okay fine. but we're going straight home-"

"no, we're getting coffee."

"no-"

sadie had walked out of the changing room, asking the cashier if they could wear the clothes out. she couldn't have cared less. she just wanted the cash and they could go. victoria followed her out, paying.

"i gotta meet this jess guy you keep lending your books," sadie teased as they made their way back to her car. 

"what is with this lending book thing? i lend books all the time."

sadie wrapped an arm around tori, "not to guys. you hate guys usually. but not this one."

tori scrunched up her face, "i don't hate guys."

"you literally laughed in a guy's face when he asked you out," sadie reminded. 

"i was uncomfortable," tori exclaimed. "i didn't like him-"

"you never like them. or if you do, you pretend you don't and talk about yale and everything. you refuse to even be friends with guys, yet he shows up and you're friends and lending books and getting all smiley when you talk about him," sadie rambled as they got in the car. 

"fuck off."

sadie laughed loudly as her radio began blasting, "you know i'm right. it's why you're getting mean."