f o u r

C A S S I E

The confrontation with Quinn is actually the least of Cassie's problems, though Carol and Nina do think so. Cassie's real problem is graduation. It isn't because she fears she won't graduate, she knows she will which is what frightens her.

Cassie, even when Quinn was around, was an intelligent girl. Though, she didn't parade it around. She knew the elements of the periodic table like it was the back of her hand, she used commas with careful precision, had a eagerness for perfection, and always handed her assignments in on time.

Even with the whole school watching her every move, no one seems to notice that Cassie just so happens to be the graduating class of 2015's valedictorian.

She has to give a speech in front of the whole school, one that will leave a lasting impression or so she's told. Not like that's a huge weight on her shoulders or anything.

So to prepare, she stands outside in the driveway of her house with her earbuds in blaring Permanent Vacation through her ears as she stands by her brand new van.

As the last note finishes, Beside You begins to play as she lets out a sigh and grabs the bucket of water by the garage door. "I have to clean you sometime," she sighs glancing at the van's red exterior washed out by the dirt and possible bird poop.

"Time stops, wish that I could rewind," she sings under her breath as she rings out the sopping wet and soapy sponge and then walks over to the car. She doesn't want to clean it but it has to be done and it's why she's outside in the first place. As she stands washing the car, all while reminiscing about the movie Karate Kid, she stops to think.

"I'll bring me back to you," Calum's voice sings out as Cassie stands still as if thinking hard about something. She brushes it off and continues to scrub the car doors when she stands up, pulling open the back/side doors. She glances inside at the shabby living space. A bed that looks just big enough for two people, two chairs and a pull out table, and then a fridge along with a sink.

After a while, you'd need to get out. You can only take the shower inside for so long, right? Cassie rolls her eyes, getting Quinn's stupid road trip idea out of her head as she shuts the doors to continue cleaning.

She's quickly interrupted by her phone ringing and her music stopping. She groans loudly, disconnecting her earbuds and putting the phone to her ear.

"Cass! We have to go on the road trip!" Carol yells over the line as Cassie just scrunches her nose up waiting for her explanation. "I know the idea of going with Quinn probably kills you inside but trust me, it'll be the best thing ever,"

Cassie shakes her head even if Carol can't see her, "No way in hell, okay. Where would we even go? Why would you go? Dude, you don't even live here,"

"Look, we drive around until summer ends okay? Besides I'm almost an adult, I'm sure I can convince my parents into letting me go. Come on, it'd be so fun," Carol argues as Cassie just rolls her eyes.

Cassie laughs, "I'm not becoming some groupie for a band Caroline," 

"But you're not. None of us are. It's not like we're doing anything," Carol whines, obviously distraught by Cassie.

"Especially not them," She replies, the smug look on her face evident even over the phone. "Come on Carol, I'm not doing it. We'd be broke in a day. I barely have any enough left from buying this car,"

Carol sighs loudly, "Take some extra shifts. I know we can ask Nina for money plus I have some too and I know Quinn has some,"

Cassie just scoffs loudly pushing herself away from the car, "Really Carol?"

"Why shouldn't we go? Give me one good reason besides it's stupid," 

Cassie pauses to think, "We're like eighteen. That's not cross country material," 

"What happened to that Cassie on the trip?!" Carol groans loudly, beginning to give up. "She would have done this! Now you're just some frumpy safety proofing grandma," Cassie just brushes off the poor insult as goes to douse the sponge. "I doubt Luke would-"

"Goodbye Caroline," Cassie says, cutting her off as she hangs up and shoves the phone in the pocket of her jeans along with her earbuds. She stands for a second, watching the large sponge float in the water bucket before her foot hits it, knocking it over. 

With a hesitant and frustrated sigh, her phone is back in her hand and then to her ear. The calling ring prominent for just around ten seconds someone picks up, "Hello?" The voice is innocent, somewhat foreign to Cassie.

"Hey Quinn," 

There's a long pause. "Cassie? Is that you?" 

"Yeah, why?" Cassie questions, partially already knowing the answer.

It's as if she couldn't careless, "Oh I deleted your contact," 

'Like Calum's?' Cassie refrains from such a snarky response even if she knows it's far from uncalled for but Cassie wants to play it safe. "Oh well...I want to talk about the trip idea you came up with,"

"Oh?" Quinn remarks, the cluelessness in her voice obviously fake. "So, what do you think?"

==========================================

idek but here you go

i updated, hallelujah 

hope you enjoy

comment your thoughts

don't be a ghost reader guysss

ily guys bye