t w o

C A S S I E

Perhaps there is a reason Cassie decided to go with Nina to see Carol, besides the fact that she and Carol are close despite having known her for only a few days.

What that reason is, however, is a mystery even to Cassie.

Cassie plays with the hem of her top before she glances up at the full length mirror right at the foot of her bed. She's wearing a worn out The 1975 shirt and ripped skinnies. They didn't come ripped, it's just how old the are.

"Cassandra! Nina's here!" her mother's voice calls, echoing down the hall. Cassie scrunches her nose up at the sound of her full name but gets to her feet, snatching her phone from the bed, without hesitation.

She rushes down the hallway and into the large living room of her house where Nina stands about, absentmindedly looking around.

"Hey Nina," Cassie greets quickly, her mother peeking around the corner at the sound of her daughter's voice. "Hey mom,"

Cassie's mom smiles a little, "You two going out I assume?" Cassie glances toward Nina before nodding her head. "Oh good. You're so antisocial, I worry sometimes,"

"Mom!"

"Sorry,sorry. Go have fun," her mother says before turning and heading back into the kitchen. Cassie shakes her head with a sigh before she heads out the front door with Nina silently trailing behind.

"Did you drive here?" Cassie wonders as she glances toward the road and the driveway. Nina shakes her head. "Down the street?" With one swift nod, the girls head down the sidewalk until Nina's sleek black truck comes into view. "When does Carol's flight land?"

Nina pauses she unlocks the car and gets up into the driver's seat, "5:30 I think," Cassie nods and then gets up into the passenger's seat. "Let's get going,"

Cassie just leans back against the seat after buckling in, her head turned to stare out the window.

For a while the ride is quite silent before Nina leans forward and turns the radio on.

'I wish that I could wake up with Amnesia and forget about the stupid little things'

Cassie's full attention is on the song blaring from the radio as Nina mindlessly taps along. Suddenly, Cassie remembers something, "Hey, did Carol and Mikey ever get together?"

"Oh, uh, I actually have no idea," Nina replies, furrowing her eyebrows together. "If they didn't, I might scream. They're cute together," Cassie just nods at the thought. Carol and Mikey barely knew each other but they hit it off right away, it's hard not to ship them.

Cassie stares out the window as the song continues on until it changes to How To Be a Heartbreaker by Marina and the Diamonds allowing the girls to sing along in delight until the airport comes into view.

Nina quickly parks the car and pulls out the key, Cassie instantly jumping out. "Excited?" Nina wonders as she gets out, slamming the door behind her.

"Considering this won't be a permanent vacation for Carol, we have to make it last. That means being on the ball," Cassie explains as she takes long strides past Nina and towards the door. It's not hard since the girl is about 6 feet tall.

Nina sighs as picks up her pace as she rushes to Cassie's side, "Slow your roll," Nina breathes out as the girls continue on through the airport. "The plane doesn't land until 5:30, give or take ten minutes for her family to get through security,"

"It's 5:40 now," Cassie smirks as she glances at Nina out of the corner of her eyes. Nina just scoffs a bit before checking her phone. "Don't you just hate when I'm right?"

As if on command, the girls join a crowd of people holding up signs for people when Cassie sees a 5'6 girl emerge from a hallway followed by two older people; one man and one woman. Something's different.

"Her hair is fücking blue," Cassie mutters as she chuckles lightly before sticking a hand up. It isn't long before Carol spots them. She quickly says something to her parents before rushing over.

"Carol!" Nina says excitedly as Carol comes over, immediately taking the girls in a hug. Once she pulls back, Nina laughs a bit, "I'm guessing you missed us,"

Carol just nods, "Trust me,"

"Alright so, mall?" Cassie says suddenly and Carol gives her a thumbs up. "Cool, let's go. We have plenty of things to talk about in the car," Carol raises an eyebrow but doesn't have time to ask before Nina is heading off and Cassie's hand is firmly on Carol's upper back pushing her forward.

"You can drive?" Carol wonders as they get into the parking lot and Nina heads to her truck. Nina just smiles before she pulls open the door and hops in. "Cool,"

Cassie and Carol quickly rush to get in, Carol jumping in the back as she puts her suitcase beside her on the seat. Once everyone's buckled up, Nina pulls out of the lot.

"Okay so, question...what's with the hair?" Cassie wonders, her fingers tapping along on the dashboard to a beat of her own design. "Why's it blue?"

Carol shrugs, "Blue's cool," Nina bites her lip as if not to laugh. Cassie just sighs to herself as Carol looks confused, "Am I missing something?"

"Why'd you dye it in the first place?" Cassie asks but she stops Carol from answering. "Can I take a guess? Michael wanted to get himself some new hair dye, you tagged along. He saw you looking over the colors and told you blue would look good on you. So, you decided to dye your hair too,"

Carol's face grows red as her eyes widen, "I wanted to dye my hair before. Besides, I wasn't checking out the colors. I just saw that Michael had two colors in hand...he said one was for me."

"Is Maroline real then?" Nina questions out of the blue as Carol grows even redder, instantly knowing that Maroline was her and Michael's ship name.

"You guys suck," she mutters, shoving her face into her hands. Slowly she pulls her head out, "You know, I'm not even going to see him until like...next year. They've got touring to do,"

Cassie shrugs, glancing at the chipping black polish on her nails, "Get tickets, borrow money from Nina,"

"I'm not rich, you bïtch," Nina gasps loudly as Cassie glances over at her skeptically. "Sure, my parents just happen to have awesome job but that means nothing okay, just shut up,"

Carol furrows her eyebrows together, "If you're rich then why do your clothes look like their from like goodwill?"

"That's my style, you jerks!" Nina groans, obviously playing as if she was hurt by what the girls were saying. "I'm not rich, get over it,"

Cassie scoffs, "I could go on like a cross-country trip with your money,"

"Shut up or I'm leaving you both on the side of the road," Nina decides as Carol stares at her wide-eyed, mouth wide open.

"I barely said anything!"

Nina shrugs, "I'll do it for kicks,"

Cassie just playfully rolls her eyes as she keeps her eyes on the road, waiting for the mall to come into view. She honestly can't wait to tell Carol about the van she's bought, it's probably one of the most exciting things to happen to her. Maybe the most exciting.

=======================

wow i updated

anyhow, what's up?

okay question time; any ideas as to what's going to happen?