Chapter 9: Everything needs sleep

The next few days had been a real pain for me. Why, though? Because I couldn't go to sleep. I was tired beyond belief. I was constantly looking for a way to go to sleep, I even tried knocking myself out but that didn't work. One thing was for sure, I was about to be a deranged lunatic if I didn't get my sleep.

In the night, it didn't help that a construction crew thought it was a good idea to work in the middle of the night either. Eventually I got so fed up with it that my stone glowed and I sent a bright beam of frost onto the crew and tools and they all froze for the rest of the night, serving them right.

Sadly I still didn't get any sleep. The sun rose again and I walked out of my room and sat at the dinner table. Rex sat down next to me.

"Rough night?" I asked.

"Yeah, the construction crew wouldn't be quiet until the very end of the night." Rex complained.

"Yeah, I already haven't been getting any sleep, that didn't help." I groaned.

Max then walked in smiling. "Hey guys." He said cheerfully. "Wow, you two look terrible."

"Thanks." Rex mumbled. I mumbled incoherent nonsense to him.

"Well, I didn't have any trouble last night." Max then told the two of us.

"What? How could you not hear all the loud construction work going on outside?" Rex asked.

"Me and Chomp didn't notice, I guess." Max said to us, confused that we heard a loud noise.

"Of course, because you two are so oblivious to everything." Rex jabbed his remark back at Max.

"Hey, what's that supposed to mean?" Max asked back quickly.

Before things could escalate Max's mom arrived and diffused it. "Calm down you two and eat your breakfast." She told them, calmly but firmly.

They both looked away from one another as they ate and I finished my food quickly and went outside. I didn't know what I was doing at this point.

That was until I felt a slight tingle that grew rapidly. A new dinosaur who was very close by. "Maybe this'll wake me up." I noted and went off with Alpha to the D Lab. "Morning Reece." I greeted her with a grumble.

"Hello, you haven't been sleeping well." Reece noted.

"I know, it's really getting to me, I'm surprised I'm not insane yet." I told her and looked on the screen for the dinosaur.

"The dinosaur is in our sewer systems." Reece told me as I stared at the screen blankly.

"Okay, tell the others we're I'll be." I told Reece and began to head out.

"Shouldn't you rest?" Reece asked.

"Not until the dinosaur is saved." I told her and walked out before she could try and stop me.

"She does have a point." Alpha told me.

"Yeah but the dinosaur is more important. Should we get anyone to help us?" I asked Alpha.

"Me and Utah should be able to find the dinosaur quickly down there." Alpha barked.

"Alright, come on out, Utah." I called out and summoned him. Utah looked around and shrieked.

"Hello y'all, what are we hunting?" Utah asked us.

"Another dinosaur is underground and we are going to speed our way and find it." Alpha said, wagging his tail.

"Sounds fun, let's go then." Utah said while tapping his toe claws. We departed into the sewers which had a smell almost strong enough to wake me up.

"It's gonna be hard to smell anything in this sludge." Alpha groaned in disgust.

"Then let's make this quick." I groaned back to him as a headache began to begin. I kept my hand on the wall and made my way to find the dinosaur.

It didn't take long for the new guy to show up as he bursted through the wall and slammed Tank into the next one. "Looks like we don't have to look anymore." Utah laughed seeing Tank getting turned back into a card.

The dinosaur doing this was a brown ankylosaurus with dull, yellow scutes of armor. His club tail swinging back and forth. "Stupid little kid, can't leave their elders in peace for five minutes can you." Ankylo said in a gruff old male voice.

He then turned to us. "Oh, what do you whippersnappers want?" Ankylo asked.

"To get you out of here." I told him but he grunted at me.

"Hmm, I ain't in the mood to be trusting carnivores or youngins." Ankylo grunted at us and charged with his club tail swinging side to side.

"Run!" I yelled out and Utah picked me up and sprinted away from Ankylo when we saw he wasn't chasing us anymore. We sighed in relief until it turned into a gasp of shock. Ankylo had used his move to dig underground and that led him to rise up on top of our location.

He then proceeded to stomp and smash Utah and Alpha into cards. I grabbed them just in time to duck from Ankylo's tail swing. I was under his feet and soft belly as he continued to stomp around me.

I desperately tried to get out from underneath him when his head hit mine and I blacked out. The upside, I got to sleep. When I woke up I had an even worse headache though.

I was still underground but I wasn't alone anymore. Paris was licking my face and then used Nature's Blessing and healed me completely. I rubbed her snout in appreciation but saw some angry faces staring at me.

"I get it, don't run off alone again." I told them and stood up.

"At least we found you and caught Ankylosaurus." Max smiled.

"Nice, so we can go home now, right?" I asked.

"You betcha." Max laughed and we walked back home and watched Rex head to sleep on the couch.

"Does your head still hurt?" Zoe asked me.

"No, thanks to you and Paris, I'm fine." I told her.

"Glad we could help." Zoe smiled and began to leave.

"Oh, yeah, if you need me, wake me up, I got sleep to catch up on." I told Zoe and shut the door. Indeed I still needed lots of sleep so to ensure that, I froze my entire body in ice with my stone and remained in a deep sleep until the next day or two.

Ankylo POV

I was currently walking through the lush plant fields as baby dinosaurs of all types of herbivores moved underneath my feet. "Watch where you're going, little ones." I warned them after nearly stepping on one.

I settled by a rock and scratched off some scabs from a fight a while back when I was interrupted by a carnivore roar and whining younglings.

"No, don't hurt us." One of the babies whined out.

I quickly walked over and saw that it was an albertosaurus. "Hey, come fight someone your own size." I taunted him.

"What are you gonna do, huh?" The inexperienced Albertosaurus asked.

I quickly answered him with a tail slam onto the ground which created a loud sound that spooked him some. He wasn't deterred so he jumped onto my back.

I shrugged him off quickly and slammed my tail into his leg which broke it. He roared in pain and tried to get away. He then limped off to live another die, maybe crippled for the rest of his life though, dead if he couldn't get food.

I looked at the kids and they thanked me. Soon a bright light showed in the sky and a giant rock of fire crashed into the planet. It was then that I was turned into a card. 

(Sorry for the shortened and bland feeling of this one, I really didn't have any motivation here but the later chapters will be better through the story. Remember to suggest any creatures you'd like to see, this next chapter would be a great opportunity for it. See you guys in the next one!)