Chapter 8: Stormy Season in Hawaii

Currently clouds are brewing in the east. They were dark which meant that it would rain a lot. I was happy about that, I loved the rain.

But right now we were outside as Chomp, Ace, and Alpha were playing and eating as young animals do to hone in their skills later in life.

Sitting in my pocket were the other four cards. I'm sure they would like to walk about, eat, and maybe play. Utah probably would and Mai's baby for sure. Salta and Char would be another story though.

It was better to not have to explain any new 'dogs' as Max's mom believed so it was better to do this when it turned at night, and if the rain wasn't pouring, then being inside was a recipe for disaster.

All of a sudden Chomp stopped playing and eating. Alpha and Ace looked over at him. "Hey, Chomp, what's up?" Alpha asked.

Chomp didn't answer. "We can't help you if you don't tell us the problem." Ace said to him.

Chomp merely whined when he tried to even speak to them. Whatever is wrong with him must be affecting him being able to speak and this could transfer to when he has to battle, eat, or play.

"Max, Chomp doesn't look so good." I said to him, worried.

"Huh, he was just eating a second ago. Is he sick?" Max asked.

"I'm not sure, maybe. This is what animals tend to do when they don't feel well." I told him.

"Maybe Zoe's dad will know what to do." Rex mentioned.

"Would he know how to treat a baby dinosaur that he thinks would be a dog?" I asked.

"He knows Chomp's a dinosaur." Max informed me.

"Oh, that makes things much easier, let's head on over." I said and we walked to Zoe's house which wasn't far away.

"So Chomp isn't eating anymore, we don't know what's wrong." Max explained to Zoe when we arrived.

"So you don't like our dog food, hear that mom, Max doesn't like our dog food anymore." Zoe told her mom which Max instantly denied in a lengthy explanation.

I signaled to Alpha that they were crazy. "Yep." Alpha agreed with me.

Pretty soon Zoe's dad approached us. He was wearing his lab coat and everything and took us into the medical room. "Interesting." Zoe's dad said to us.

"What, is Chomp sick, will he be okay?" Max panicked.

"I'm not sure if he's sick, I could see if this helps." Zoe's dad said and pulled out a massive shot that caused me and Alpha to flinch away from. That thing is meant to be used on live animals.

Chomp freaked out and squirmed about in Max's arms. "I don't think Chomp needs that." Zoe said to her father, concerned for Chomp.

"Okay, fine, I'll just wait for the next time there's a sick dinosaur in my office." Zoe's dad said, disappointed that he couldn't use the railgun of a shot.

"Hey, remember to keep that dinosaur topic at a minimum." Rex said and gestured at the massive amounts of people outside waiting their turn.

"Oh don't worry, I respect my patients privacy and I also gave Max's father my word." Zoe's dad claimed.

"Well thanks for your help." I said and we left the room and headed back home. We were puzzled and tried to figure out what was wrong with Chomp.

"I can't sniff out anything." Alpha told me, sad that he didn't solve Chomp's problem.

"It's okay buddy, you tried." I told him.

I felt a dinosaur far away but not so far away. A strong dinosaur as well. We had to get to it quickly so the Alpha Gang didn't take it away.