十四 | Hashira Training

No ones pov

After the defeat of upper rank four and five another meeting was held. Muzan won't sit still after this loss, the real battle was coming.

They talked about the demon slayer marks, after activating them, they'll receive more power but there was a price, their lifespan will be shorten and they can only live until 25.

"But we have the phoenix, Natori here." Kagaya added.

𓅘

In the next weeks, everyone got busy; the hashiras were training slayers, Shinobu was developing a poison and cure with Tamayo and Natori shead more tears.

The time when Tamayo, Yushiro and Natori met again, Natori hugged the gaining a glare from Yushiro and they didn't recognise her. "It's me, the phoenix you saved once!"

"Natori?"

"Yes!"

Natori also stayed in the butterfly estate and let Tamayo have a blood sample of her. Then Shinobu brought many buckets for her. She cried so much that she couldn't shead tears anymore so Aoi had to cut some onions around her.

But still, it got to the point where Natori couldn't shead a tear anymore. Nobody blamed her but since one single drop can heal a injury or curse, the many buckets of tears should be enough.

Nezuko was nice, she learned how to say Natori's name and the word fly, so these two demons had so much fun together during the daytime until the cure was developed. Nezuko was sent to Urokodaki's after taking the cure, as for Natori, she refused. She said she still wanted to join the battle even though it will get dangerous if Muzan gets her.

"I don't need to beat him, I shall help the slayers and execute the upper ranks."

Since her job is done at the butterfly estate, she went back to the Rengoku estate.

"Natori, you're here!" Kyojuro exclaimed after seeing her arrival. The other slayers who were training greeted her too. And Shinjuro were helping the others too.

"My, everyone is so busy and working hard. Please don't get injured because I'm not able to shead any tear anymore."

"Be at ease!" Kyojuro declared, "Nobody will get injured under my watch!"

"Okay, I go and help Ruka-san and Senjuro now!" she disappeared in the kitchen.

Senjuro was making rice balls while Ruka made side dishes.
"Need help?" Natori popped out behind them.

"Natori!" Ruka exclaimed in relief, "can you take care of the fire?"

"Of course!" Natori transformed into a bird and hopped in the stove. This way, Ruka didn't have to add firewood the whole time and the phoenix' fire was way more stronger!

"Lunchtime!" Ruka shouted and Kyojuro repeated it, only louder, "LUNCHTIME!"

All slayers let themselves fall on the ground from exhaustion.
"How can I send any of you to the next training if all of you just fall right after?" Shinjuro muttered.

During lunchtime, Ruka repeated for the x'th time that whenever it will start, her son needs to be careful and come home safe or else she would kill him twice, if that was possible.