七 | It's You

3rd person pov

Natori's stayed at Tamayo's for a while and little did she know she would meet someone again.

"Nice to see you again." the phoenix started after catching the burgundy boy staring at her.

"You two know each other?" Tamayo asked.

"No, we only saw each other once." Natori explained.

Tamayo informed the slayer, Tanjiro, that the woman, who was attacked by her demon husband, was recovering well thanks to the phoenix's tear.

The said bird didn't pay attention to the conversation until she sensed intruders. After Yushiro shouted, "duck!" Natori covered her figure with her wings as the wall of the house started to collapse.

"Oh? We found them!" the temari demon, Susamaru, exclaimed and the arrow demon next to her complained that she made his clothes dirty.

"It's the fugitive, Yahaba!" Susamaru exclaimed, "Oh? The phoenix is also there! Let's bring their heads back along the slayer with hanafuda earrings!"

"Now that you know I'm here, you should be wary." Natori said as she flew out.

Susamaru snorted, "Afraid of you? A chicken? Haha! You should be scared because we're part of the kizukis!"

While it was Natori's turn to laugh, Tanjiro silently instructed Nezuko to bring the injured woman outside but Tamayo told them to bring her to the basement since it was more safer.

"Kizuki? You?" the phoenix bursted out between her laugher, "were you turned yesterday? The kizukis have ranks encraved in their eyeballs and none of you have them! Besides, I'm not a chicken!"

"Shut up!" a temari ball was thrown at the flying bird but she simply burnt it into ashes with her fire breath.

"I take care of her, you two search for the other one." Natori glanced over the siblings who nodded in response.

Susamaru was still taken aback that her balls were destroyed so easily and threw another one since her opponent was distracted. Natori already saw the assault coming and burnt the ball once again to ashes.

"Impossible! I'm one of the kizukis after all!" she shouted in frustration.

"I already told you you're not." Natori eyed Yushiro who approached her from behind. "Need a hand?" he asked unfazed.

"I can handle this." she replied before she spat fire which splitted up into many small parts floating towards the other temari balls that were thrown at them.
"But one question, will this place get noticed if it's get very loud and bright?"

"If it was, the sound of that collapsed wall had already alerted the citizens. As for brightness, also no." he replied.

"Very well."

𓅘

"Tanjiro, if it's alright let me travel with you." Natori asked and Tanjiro agreed letting her in the box with Nezuko after she said goodbye to Tamayo and Yushiro.

The mythical bird wasn't completely sure what happened afterwards, all she knew when she came out with Nezuko from the box, there were two unfamiliar faces.

"So loud..." the bird muttered and blonde shrieked once again.

"Let's cook it!" Inosuke pointed at the red bird.

While Zenitsu yelled at Tanjiro why he was traveling with a cute girl demon, Natori was getting annoyed by the boar kid named Inosuke. He referred her as a chicken.