十一 | Drown

No ones pov

After giving a quick report to the master, the flame hashira went to the butterfly estate to get his injured eye healed by a drop of the phoenix tear before returning home.

His family were glad that he returned safely from his mission but the hole of his uniform in the abdomen made them concerned. Thankfully, Natori was with him.

Ever since that mission, everyone saw Natori's new, aka. true appearance. At first they were surprised, but maybe they thought she got tired of her bird form.

"You guys know what happened?" Shinobu asked the trio, "she's rarely turning into a bird again, not that I mind tho."

"I think it's because Rengoku-san said that he likes it." Zenitsu replied.

"Oh~" Shinobu replied, "I wonder if something is going on between them."

Zenitsu: "I don't think-"

Natori: "Kocho, I'm finished. Is there something else you like me to do?"

"There's nothing to do, but I heard that you guys are going to Rengoku's to train."  she turned to Zenitsu, "you can go with them later."

"Okay."

"But before you go," Shinobu continued, "there's something on mind and I want to hear your opinion."

Natori: "Alright, go on."

Shinobu: "There's someone I know who has trouble and asked me for advice and I haven't given them an answer yet. I'm still collecting some opinions."

Natori: "Is it okay to tell me all this?"

Shinobu: "Of course, I won't tell anybody who that 'someone' is. So, they like someone and don't know how to tell that person who isn't aware of their feelings. They fears that their relationship will change once they confessed, so what do you think?"

Natori: "I don't know."

"Sorry?" Shinobu didn't except such blunt answer, so did Zenitsu.

Natori: "I really don't know what to say, sorry. Just letting you know, demons don't bother nor know about such things."

Shinobu: "Right..."

𓅘

After the train mission, there was something wrong with the phoenix. She felt uneasy, as if she was being watched.

Senjuro woke up in the middle of the night wanting to get some water and as he left the kitchen he spotted Natori' silhouette behind the closed paper windows. "Natori, is something wrong? You've been standing here since evening..." Senjuro asked wearily.

"Nothing, go back to sleep." she gave him a reassuring smile, "Just wandering around, you know I always sleep during the day."

"Okay." he went back to bed.

Natori's pov

I looked at the distance... This feeling again... It was getting stronger...

Impossible...

There was no way demons were roaming nearby.... Especially around the headquarters...

But my senses don't lie....

... Was I just... paranoid?

Kaname, Kyojuro's crow, landed on my stretched out wing asking what was wrong. My troubled expression was obvious.

I didn't want to worry it so I simply replied that I was still stressed about the last mission. Kanane decided to give me some space and flew ahead, who knew where, maybe on the roof or back to its place.