Follow the yellow brick road

AN : This chapter is dedicated to my friend >:3

"Wait like.. right now?!" Stone exclaimed, a little shocked at Avrille's haste.
"Its either we go now, or, we wait and risk the worst."
Stone followed behind Avrille as she started to walk away. "Avrille it's pouring rain outside- it is not-."
His sister cut him off. "Stone I own a car. We can drive."

"Oh.." He let out an awkward chuckle, having forgotten his sister's wealth. "Wait do you even have a liscense?"
"Some questions are best left unanswered~!"
"AVRILLE."

Stone, against his own judgement, got into the passengers seat of his sister's car, praying under his breath that she wouldn't drive into a river.. or a ditch.. or the ocean.. or get into a crash.. or..

Avrille glanced at him, laughing softly; snapping Stone out of his daze.
"Huh?"
"Oh, oh nothing.. it's just.. you're making that face.." She giggled softly.
"What face?"
Avrille sighed, a soft smile lingering on her lips. "When you were little, you'd spend hours, just thinking... you always made this face.. never failed to cheer me up.."
Stone shrugged, for a moment, he could have sworn he saw Avrille frown, but when he looked, she had her typical deadpan expression.

"Hey uh..."
"What." Stone snapped, not in the mood for his sister's small talk.
"I- never-mind." She sighed, eyes focused on the road in front of her.

I do care. I really do. Is it.. god.. I looked at him, he looks horrible. Dirty, thinner than a twig.. I know.. I know deep down.. I caused this... I wish I was better. I wish I could be a good person, but, I think I'm too far gone.

"Sometimes it's too late." Avrille said, letting her thoughts come out of her mouth.
"Too late for what?" Stone asked, a brow raised as he stared at the chemist.
"Oh- No. Just... thinking out-loud."