Desperate

The two stared at each other. Avrille was almost in shock. She shook her head, quickly hiding her expression of surprise behind her usual emotionless mask.

"Do you want to come inside or just.. stand out in the rain and stare at me." She deadpanned, inviting her long lost brother inside. After a moment of standing, Stone accepted the invitation and walked inside.
˖  ݁𖥔.☁︎.𖥔 ݁ ˖

"I told you to hold still." She looked at Stone, her face void of any emotion as she held the needle with an unknown substance.
Stone's voice quivered. "I-I don't- stop.."
She glared. "Sit down. It won't even hurt that bad." She tightly grasped the boy's scrawny arm and shoved him down onto the chair.
She turned over his arm, feeling for a vein before slowly injecting the chemical mixture.
Stone winced softly as he felt the burning sensation spread along his arm.
"Avrille.. this hurts.."

˖  ݁𖥔.☁︎.𖥔 ݁ ˖

"You want tea or anything?" Avrille asked, trying to do anything to distract herself from the thoughts racing in her mind. Her brother nodded his head, quietly speaking.
"Aye.. some tea would be nice.."

˖  ݁𖥔.☁︎.𖥔 ݁ ˖

"Can you feel this?" Avrille asked, poking Stone's left arm.
"No."
She did the same but with his right arm. "Feel that?" The younger boy nodded. Avrille inked her pen and scribbled something down in her notebook.
"Can you move your arm at all? The left one."
Stone attempted to move his arm, he could, but it felt all tingly and heavy. "I guess.. maybe a little?"
Avrille nodded and wrote something else down.
"Just sit there for a little bit; it has to wear off on its own."
Stone nodded. Fidgeting with his vest as his sister scribbled down notes.

˖  ݁𖥔.☁︎.𖥔 ݁ ˖

Avrille poured the tea into cups, handing one off to her younger brother, the sat across from each other at Avrille's dining room table, a tense silence filled the air.
In a desperate attempt to cut the tension Avrille spoke. "So- what- Uhm. What's shakin' bacon-

-My friends are missing I'm like 80% sure they got kidnapped and I do not know what to do."

"Oh." The tension rose once more, Avrille immediately regretted her attempt to "be cool" after Stone confessed why he had come to visit.

"Well. That is.. a predicament." She paused. "What do you expect me to do about it? It'd be best to go to the police."
Stone groaned. "The police in this town are incompetent. I watched one somehow manage to arrest himself. Not get himself arrested, I mean, literally, arrest himself."
Avrille shrugged with a nod, the police in Ramshackle were... certainly less than ideal.

"Well in any case, I'm not sure how I can help you. I have work, work, and no time to play detective with you."
Stone glared. "Avrille this is serious! I don't know who else to go to. I'm desperate okay?! This is my last resort! The cops in this town are incompetent and they sure as hell wouldn't care about some street kids going missing! I know you don't like me at all! But all I'm asking for you is to just help! Even just a little! Just ask around! After this I won't come back!" Stone paused, standing up. "After all you put me through I feel like you owe me this much."

There was a long pause, then, Avrille spoke.

˖  ݁𖥔.☁︎.𖥔 ݁ ˖

"Fine."

AN | Yayyy longer chapter todayyy <3