Season 1 Chapter 4: Forces of Nature

night sky filled with dark thunderhead clouds. Flashes of lightning illuminate their contours. A bulky silhouette stands up among them and begins to swing a pair of sticks against the clouds; every time it brings them down, there is another strike and accompanying thunderclap. Dissolve to another patch of the sky, where even more lightning crackles back and forth. A second silhouette, this one much thinner and with spiky upswetpt hair, stands up and directs its hands here and there. There is a new flare-up every time it does so.

When the last one clears, the camera has moved to a point near the underside of the clouds as the flashes continue from within. There is a huge strike, and the camera pulls back to put Titans Tower in view. Inside, in the hall, Beast Boy has become a musk ox and is straining mightily at a rubber band looped over his horns, trying to catch it on a nearby hook. He succeeds and ducks away, coming up in human form with a mischievous smile on his face. Now he produces a large, filled water balloon that sloshes a bit in his hands, and he lets off a wicked little chuckle.

 Now he produces a large, filled water balloon that sloshes a bit in his hands, and he lets off a wicked little chuckle

Beast Boy: This is gonna be so sweet!

Ben: What cha doin?

Surprised by his words, he lets go of the balloon and completely freaks out as he tries desperately to make a safe catch. Finally, he gets hold of it and turns around, and the camera pans to show Ben alongside with him was Raven who appeared behind him.

Raven: Please tell me this isn't another ridiculous prank.

Beast Boy: Okay. It's not a ridiculous prank. It's a brilliant one!

Raven and Ben look at each other then at beast boy. He laughs. Close-up of her, rolling her eyes wearily.

Ben: (curiously) Brilliant, huh? You've piqued my interest, Beast Boy. What kind of mischief are we talking about here?

Beast Boy: All right, check it out. (Pull back to frame both.) 'Member how Cyborg put red dye in my shampoo and I turned brown for two days? Well, sister, it's payback time.

A thought balloon appears above his head as he describes the situation. It shows, in "Super Deformed" style, the hapless victim-tinted brown, holding a scrub brush, in towel, shower cap, and slippers, standing there while the other SD Titans scroll past and laugh at him. The balloon disappears as he finishes; now a pull string hangs down from the ceiling, and he reaches for it.

Beast Boy: I give you...the Beast Boy Insta-Lube 9000!

As he says this, he pulls the string and he and Raven back up Down comes a blueprint that fills most of the screen; the words "Beast Boy" and "Insta-Lube" slide in beneath it, after which "9000" drops from the lower edge and replaces them. The diagram shows the rubber band, which is part of a floor-mounted slingshot, held back by the hook and with the balloon loaded in. A tripwire in front of the rig runs through overhead pulleys and is tied to a lever that is in turn connected to the hook.