Season 1 Chapters 2: Sisters

Out in outer space. There was a distant flash of light, from which four glowing objects emerged across the cosmos. As they home in on Earth, three peel off while the fourth heads straight for the planet. as it revealed to be a long and cylindrical, something like a missile in shape, with several trailing tentacles.

Cut to the night sky, where a fireworks show is in full swing. Pull back to show the area as the waterfront; the craft's brilliant streak descends past the display and below the horizon. Pan to a nearby carnival: Ferris wheel, roller coaster, games, the usual. Close-up of one of the wheel's cars, which holds Robin and Starfire. She watches the pyrotechnics with complete awe and sighs blissfully.

Starfire: (suddenly concerned) On my home planet, such explosions would mean the Gordanians were attacking

Starfire: (suddenly concerned) On my home planet, such explosions would mean the Gordanians were attacking. You are certain Earth is not under attack?

 You are certain Earth is not under attack?

Robin: Positive. Cotton candy? (He holds the pink stuff out to her.)

Starfire: The last time I ate a ball of cotton, it was white. And it did not taste very--

Robin: This is different.

He pulls off a wad and pops it into his mouth; cautiously, she follows suit and realizes it is indeed different from the cotton ball

Starfire: Mmmm... (A yelp of surprise.) It vanished!

Robin: (chuckling) Yeah. It'll do that.

Starfire: (sighs again) When I first came to this planet, I did not think I would ever fit in. Earth was full of strange things. But now, I see that-- (Big glare from fireworks.)

Robin: Here comes the finale! Yes!

In the sky, the display has turned into a fusillade of redoubled intensity of the fire works.

Robin: Whoo-hoo-hoo! Amazing!

Starfire: Earth is full of amazing things, too.

Robin: Best planet I've ever been to.