eight

Love and Hate

NATALIA BEXLEY COULD lie and say everything was fine

NATALIA BEXLEY COULD lie and say everything was fine. In all honesty, things were as rocky as can be. However, she still went to school, and showed her face because how else would she get through this. This was hard for anyone to go through let alone a teenager.

It would be foolish to say she wasn't a little nervous for Clay. She had doubts it was him. Clay was a very angry person when it came around, but Natalia would be stunned if he was the killer because at the end of the day, his bursts of rage were just that. Bursts of rage.

But was it really so crazy to imagine Clay, gun in hand, murdering another soul as malicious the soul could be. Natalia didn't really see Clay on the other side of the gun, so she decided it couldn't be him. It would never be him.

"Mr Sherman, may we have Natalia Bexley?" A lady asked in the doorway.

All eyes shifted to Natalia for a moment who spent the period doodling little pictures and praying for the class to be over.

"Yes, of course. Natalia?" Mr Sherman called on her, but she'd already been collecting her things.

For some reason the Bexley girl knew this would be important, and who is she not to see why she'd be needed in the principals office?

✺ ✺ ✺

THE SHERIFF ENTERED the room and stood alongside Mr Porter. If this wasn't some fucked up Twilight Zone episode, she didn't know what was. It was almost comical the way this came together because she knew who it was for with the way they stared at her.

"So, Miss Bexley, can we ask you some questions? Seeming as you ignored me as you entered to room and took a seat," The sheriff asked and Natalia sighed, looking to the holes in her jeans.

"Yes, and sorry for that. I didn't think there was any need to rush this," Natalia replied nonchalantly.

The sheriff shared a look with Mr Porter which basically told him to begin speaking so the could rush everything.

"Alright, Natalia. Let's get into it. When Clay found out about your alleged relations with Justin Foley, how did he react? Did he confront you?" Mr Porter asked and Natalia sat back in her chair breaking eye contact to think.

"Clay's a jealous person, but the best form of jealousy is the silent kind. The one that makes you feel like the one to go up to him. Of course, when he found out what really happened he was angry, but he felt sorry," Natalia explained, crossing her legs and looking out of the window.

"We all know you're one of the closest people to Clay. How do you personally feel about him?" Mr Porter questioned and Natalia swallowed, shifting in her chair.