seven

Supporting the Enemy

NATALIA ALWAYS SHOWED up for Justin

NATALIA ALWAYS SHOWED up for Justin. It was part of them having a deep history. She knew what his home life was like and she always put her all into being there for him even when she didn't always want to. Like now, sitting at a basketball game when she didn't want to even be there.

She knew Clay was there, but at the moment, she didn't want to deal with him. Sometimes she had to separate the Clay category and Justin category since it got too messy when they were mixed in.

The ball went into the stands and of course, Clay caught it. That surprised Natalia since he wasn't the person with hand eye coordination and for some reason, he held onto the ball, staring ahead blankly.

People began to shout profanity's at him and all Natalia could do was watch from afar.

It was evident Clay was struggling with all of this. These tapes, this new information slapping him in the face every time he listened to a knew one, must be stressful. Natalia was very stressed when she heard them the first time.

So, now even when Natalia was showing up for Justin, mentally she had been there for Clay.

After a good minute, Tyler snatched the ball away and tossed it to the guys. He looked angry. Natalia didn't understand why Clay did what he did for the longest time, so she understood why Tyler was mad.

Clay had never been one to discuss all of his issues. Natalia had only known about Dr Ellman and his meds when Lainie came in openly talking about it, not knowing Natalia was there.

Clay was embarrassed and he was very brief when he told her why. This was also in the seventh grade. No boy in middle school wants to dissect his mental health with his bestfriend. She always knew about his anxiety. He was probably the most anxious person Natalia had ever known, and she was in highschool. Everyone was anxious.

"I have a question, what's communications like?" Natalia asked and Clay shrugged, picking the crust off of his sandwich. "Is it, like, an easy A?"

"I guess. It's easy. You basically learn to work things out and give people compliments." Clay replied shortly.

"Is there a problem? Why are you being a weirdo?" Natalia asked with a smile on her face, despite the hurt and confusion she was feeling.

"I just... Why did you and Jeff hang out on Valentine's day? Are you guys... like, together?" Clay questioned and there was one thing very clear with how he was acting.

"Why? Are you jealous, Clay?" Natalia quizzed and Clay rolled his eyes.

"No, I'm not jealous. Just confused." Clay corrected and Natalia believed none of what he was saying. She actually laughed at him making him grimace at her. "What?"