four

Bestfriends

NATALIA GROGGILY STOOD up and almost found herself tripping over her own feet as she took in her surroundings

NATALIA GROGGILY STOOD up and almost found herself tripping over her own feet as she took in her surroundings. She had forgotten that she had spent the night looking over Justin with Clay. She was the only girl allowed to sleep at his house even after all they've been through. She saw Justin sleeping and she walked over to him, smacking him gently.

"Wake up," Natalia mumbled as she made her way out of the room to get ready for the day. Her feet lead her to the bathroom only for Clay to barge in on her making her yelp. "What if I was naked?"

"You're not, and I need to show you something." Clay told her as he held out a small washcloth that had been filthy. He unraveled it to show an assortment of drug memorabilia.

"Huh," Natalia mumbled with widened eyes. Clay scoffed and folded the napkin up. "So, you skip smoking weed and go straight to—"

"Shut up, Natalia. This isn't something to joke about." Clay whispered and Natalia pinched the bridge of her nose as she leaned against the sink.

"What do you want me to do, Clay?" Natalia questioned as he heard a thump around the house.

He opened the toilet and slipped the things into the the bowl. Natalia motioned to the door, so she could finish getting ready.

"I have to call Tony anyways." Clay muttered before leaving. Natalia sighed and began changing her clothes, now with the door locked.

NATALIA SAT ON Clay's bed, silently looking at Justin who ate. He kept eyeing her anxiously even though he knew she was worried about him. It was super easy for Natalia to let Justin back into her life, but at the same time, she wasn't so sure now that she knew what he'd gotten into. What kind of trouble was he in?

The three sitting in the room were torn away from their thoughts as Sheri came in through the window. Clay stood up from besides Natalia to see what she was doing.

"What the fuck? What are you doing here?" Clay quizzed as she stood up straight. Justin continued to eat silently as Natalia began to stand up too.

"Tony told me to wait till your mom left, then come through the window." Sheri replied, her eyes going to Natalia, who stood near Clay with her face still.
She looked back to Clay. "Did I mess it up?"

"Uh, no, the window's right, but why did he send you?" Clay questioned.

"He thought I could help." Sheri responded.

"Help with what?" Justin asked.

Instead of answering the question, Sheri grabbed her bag. "I've got some supplies. How are you feeling?"