six

Love Me Tender

NATALIA BEXLEY LOVED to love

NATALIA BEXLEY LOVED to love. Something about the bellyaching butterflies and the fiery feeling when you're around that person makes it all worth while. She was sure it happened multiple times. Maybe it was herself believing that it was love.

She could've sworn she loved Montgomery, but when he struck her across the face one night when he was drunk all things changed. It's like you can feel the love get soaked up, like a sponge in water.

Although, Montgomery was definitely just infatuation. She'd never love him and she never has.

Natalia also thought she loved Justin. A platonic love, of course. He had been growing more and more distant due to the whole tape situation. Nothing made the girl more sad than a fading friendship, but sometimes they were meant to be freed.

Clay, however, would always be under the list of things she loved. It was hard to describe the feeling that Natalia felt when Clay was in the room. It was like being calmed and praised for just being there all at once. You could feel it.

She wondered if what she felt was one sided.

When Jeff was alive, he convinced her it wasn't. Now, she wasn't so sure. Jeff wasn't there to do the convincing. Or as a matter of fact, the believing. He believed so deeply in people. Especially Clay and Natalia.

Natalia filled out her dollar valentine in a minute. She had been so worried about who's names she'd see, she didn't want to hand it in. What if the algorithm was wrong and she ended up with Monty? Or even worse, like Bryce or something?

Sheri noticed the girl fiddle around with the paper nervously, so she decided to move the nervous girl along a little quicker.

"Hey, Nat!" Sheri called out, grabbing the blondes attention.

Her lips spread out into a soft smile for the cheerleader. She always loved Sheri. She'd always been so sweet.

"Sheri, hi." Natalia smiled, keeping her grip on the red paper.

The girl glanced down at the red paper in Natalia's hands, hinting at what she wanted. Reluctantly, Natalia handed the paper to her.

"Oh, this is so exciting! I've been waiting for you to finally hang out with someone other than Monty." Sheri commented, she didn't notice Nat squirm at his mention.

The machine spit out the results causing Sheri to rip it away and into Natalia's hands.

"So, Nat, who'd you get?" The girl asked excitedly.