Chapter Twenty Five

*FLASHBACK CONTINUED*

Jakes P.O.V

     I watched my sister let out a heavy sigh. I wanted to wrap her up in my arms and promise her that everything would be okay, but I couldn't promise her that. I wiped away the tears on her pale cheeks and she looked up at me with her gray eyes that told me she was struggling to hold the world on her weak shoulders.

 She smiled weakly at me, "Thanks, Jake, for sticking up for me, I thought all of you would be against it, so having someone on my side means a lot to me." She whispered. I wanted to scream,because  it just wasn't fair! My poor baby sister could barley even talk!  Why couldn't it be me who got cancer?She was going to make something of herself, not me! She would never get to experience life; she would never peruse her swimming and travel the world. Never go to her prom, and marry Noah, which was inevitable, because they were nuts for each other, and have children. There were so many things that she would not get to do, and the horrible part is she was the best person I knew. She was true to the heart, all the way to the core, and for some sick reason it's getting ripped away from her, and right out of her grasp.

 "Winter, you're stupid, you know that?" I stated. She gasped and hurt filled her watering eyes, and she opened her mouth to say something.

 I stopped her holding up my pointer finger, "Let me finish. You're stupid for giving up because I need you. I need you so much and I won't know what to do without you...it's going to be w-weird. But I can't blame you, not at all, you are so strong Winter, and I would have given up a long time ago. So, if this is what you want, then I'm on your side no matter what even if it means you will be gone forever." My voice broke and a sob escaped my lips.

 She pulled me into a tight hug and whispered, "Jake, I'll never be gone. A wise person once told me, a loved one may die, yes, but they'll never be gone. Jake, my presence will always be with you, in your heart."

 I closed my eyes and inhaled her scent deeply, even though she always smelled of medicine now, and whispered, "I love you, Winter. I'll miss you." I held in my tears and bit my lip as anguish tore at my heart as I held my baby sister.