One

Family Line

Conan Gray ♥︎

⇄ ◁◁ 𝚰𝚰 ▷▷ ↻

2:27 ━━●━━───── 3:35

"Oh, all that I did to try to undo it

All of my pain and all your excuses

I was a kid but I wasn't clueless

(Someone who loves you wouldn't do this)

All of my past, I tried to erase it

But now I see, would I even change it?"

Time and tragedy had worn both Clementine Caitin and Finnick Odair thin, but they had each other. 

Sometimes they were all each other had. At least, that's how it was after Clementine won her Games. 

Clementine had fallen into a depression upon her return, blocking everyone she loved out. She had hidden away in her new house she had been granted upon winning the 66th Hunger Games, an identical space to Finnick's in the Victor's Village. 

Finnick would work to coax her out of her house, but she never budged. Not for six months. Not until the Victory Tour. 

Katalina had done an excellent job writing Clementine's speeches for the Districts she visited, but it sounded more like a battle cry or SOS than a thank you from the newest victor. Katalina had been disappointed, but Finnick knew Clementine had been trying her best. 

They spoke only in conversations that happened to include one another; Clementine doing her best to ignore Finnick in the background when nobody was paying attention. She avoided him like she avoided sleep, and it tore Finnick to pieces. 

Finnick had taken on the role of a fatherly figure for Sunlee and even Marina while Clementine coped with her newest traumas, and they built an unbreakable bond except by death itself. 

And death did indeed tear them apart once again. 

After six months of seclusion, Clementine started to warm back up to her family and moved back in with them. That's when she started noticing the signs of Finnick's prostitution. The marks on his skin, his constant trips to the Capitol. 

She couldn't help but be jealous. But that was before she knew what was truly going on. 

Finnick told her all of it after some coaxing and begging, and a month later Marina was Reaped. She died in the arena on the second night. Nothing could be said without their consequences, they soon learned. 

Clementine spiraled all over again, and Snow knew what he was doing, and took pleasure in making her life even worse. After allowing the girl a month of grieving, Snow began to sell Clementine as well, and that's when she murdered Telenth Crane when he spent much of his money to spend some time in her company. 

Of course, the victors had to be angels in the Capital, so Snow covered it up and claimed that the old Head Gamemaker had been murdered by his ex-wife whom he divorced after Clementine's Games, throwing the lady into prison for Clementine's crimes. That then brought its own consequences. 

The next year, District Four's mayor's daughter and Clementine's best female friend, Everli Daynes was Reaped. However, Everli had been trained for a situation like this since she was in the womb, so she became District Four's next victor.