Five

Pure As The Driven Snow- from The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds & Snakes

Rachel Zegler, The Covey Band  ♥︎

⇄ ◁◁ 𝚰𝚰 ▷▷ ↻

0:52 ━━●━━───── 3:53

"This world, it's dark

This world, it's scary

I've taken some hits, so

No wonder I'm wary

It's why I

Need you

You're as pure as the driven snow"

The girl's blood spewed all over the boy's face, coating him in a thick, red blanket of blood. The girl's screams accompanied the gasps of the fellow tributes in the room as they all collectively took a step back.

Peacekeepers swarmed the room from everywhere, tearing the boy from Six off of the deceased girl and dragging him away as the girl's whimpers faded to silence.

"Aspen," Oak whispered from behind Clementine. "Get behind me. Now."

The girl from Three screamed, shattering the silence in the room. Then, chaos erupted.

A fresh round of Peacekeepers entered the training room, each grabbing a Tribute and dragging them out of the room, away from the scene. A Peacekeeper clamped a gloved hand over her arm, making Clementine shriek in terror.

She swatted at his hands, jumping away from the Peacekeeper in surprise. "Get away from me!" He ignored her scream, moving in once again to grab her hand, but she balled her fist up and punched him in the gut, knocking him down.

She didn't look back before sprinting to the doors, pumping her arms at her hips as hard as she could, willing herself to get away from it all. She didn't make it far, however, before she was tackled.

"Get off of me!" She screamed, kicking against the Peacekeeper, but he was too strong for her. He pushed her head down onto the floor as he cuffed her hands, restricting her from extraneous movement. "Get them off!"

The Peacekeeper just picked her up by her shoulders, placing her roughly back on her feet, dodging her attempts to head-butt him. He shoved her forward towards the elevators where the other Tributes were waiting in a line with their Peackeeper escorts, jabbing his gun into the small of her back to keep her moving.

She looked around for Aspen and Oak, finding them at the front of the line, stepping into the elevator as it opened. Koda stood in front of her, shaking. He cried more often than not, Clementine had found. Koda's and Clementine's Peacekeepers talked amongst themselves as they made their way up the line, only stopping when it was time for them to board the elevator.

Clementine's Peacekeeper looked between her and Koda, then looked to the other Peacekeeper. "You two think you can last the elevator ride without killing one another?"

Clementine bared her teeth and hissed in return as Koda crazily shook his head.

"That one's feral," Koda's Peacekeeper laughed to Clementine's Peacekeeper, pointing to her as they entered the elevator. She faked like she was going to jump at him, causing the Peackeeper to switch sides of the elevator.