chapter 15

When the Blue Blood crescent pack brought back their soon to be Alpha, wounded and unconscious, partially dead, from an unsuccessful mission. And from the looks of their warriors who ventured to ensure on the mission success as heavily injured, they knew the opponent was a big deal for them.
Which only made their resolve to end them even stronger.

The Alpha went on to meet a wounded wolf and was astonished at what he saw.
No pack had ever been able to beat any of his pack warriors to this point before.
And they were even halved to this number!!
Where was the rest of them?!!
Dead?!!

He approached a wolf that seemed to be in less pain than the others that were awake.

"What happened here?!! Why are you evened out?.
Where is my son?" He asked with a serious expression.
He was disappointed and furious.
This was truly unexpected.

"It...it w-was a...a fe-female." The Alpha's eyes went dark.
How could his pack warriors be beaten by a female.....

The whole room stopped in their tracks, they could all feel the tense atmosphere around them.
It was very clear....the Alpha was angry.

The guilty wolf began on an unending stammer as fear clouded his thoughts.

"She.....sh-she....she....s-she....
s-sh-she..."He couldn't speak clearly, his tongue was tied.

The Alpha was growing impatient.
" Speak up!!"  He growled loudly and the wolf flinched.

" She....she w..wa..was fr..from our p..pa.pack, sh..she smelt l..like p..pack."
He closed his eyes tightly in an attempt to avoid the Alpha's visible rage.

The whole room was silent. They were clearly shocked by the news they had just heard.
A female from her own pack killed and fought off her former pack members?!!

"...from the pack?!!" The Alpha questioned confused.
He hadn't heard of any pack members gone rogue.

But the next news he heard blocked out the incoming thoughts and puzzled him on.
" She...Her focus was on the Alpha to be. She was only attacking him!! She only attacked us when we blocked her path to the next Alpha."

"Where is he now? " The Alpha turned away towards the door as it was opened for him to pass through.

" He's been unconscious since we returned yesterday. " the Alpha stopped for a moment but made to go again.

But then in a panicky voice he added.

"Alpha!, The she wolf, she was half wolfed and half human when she turned....... she was red, even her eyes! When she cut the next Alpha, his skin got burnt. " He said in a daze, his face was white as a sheet.

The Alpha nodded and went up to his son's room. When he opened the door, he saw Marcus awake and out of bed. He was clutching his head in the floor and whimpering occasionally.

The Alpha nodded to his entourage outside the doors  to stay put and he went inside.

"Father" Marcus stood up with a groan to greet his father.

"What happened out there?"
Marcus gave out a sigh and turned away from his father.

"Answer me when I'm talking to you!!"

"SHE'S MY MATE!!!" He yelled at his father.

"She's your mate?!!, So Hayley's a lie?!! You marked someone else's?!!" He growled loudly at his son and he flinched slightly.

Marcus shooked his head and held it in his hands.
"I..I, I loved Hayley, we both agreed to it. I didn't love her. I just...just.."

" You mean such a powerful wolf would have been in our pack and you missed such a chance, at a time so dire like this?" He spoke in a low menacing way.