chapter 5

Gina's/Mia's POV

The first thing I saw when I was awake again was a blurry figure My head pounded and bits of the previous night's incident flashed in my mind.

I remember running and running but why,..........
Then jumping into a mud pool....hmmmmm?
But.......
Ohh whose scent is this.....

That scent , where did I smell it. It smelt so familiar and yet so distant. The scent was robbing me the ability to smell properly.

This scen-......argh!!

My head began throbbing once again. But this time with less intensity that before.

I groaned and reached up to my temples......but even my arms were failing me. I stopped midway in the air and threw my hands back to my sides.

The variety of smell that stung my nose was so much and so exotic that threatened my nose inept.

I wanted to shake them off, but I couldn't even move my head.

God am I paralyzed??!

The only thing I was doing was blinking and breathing. And it was still so hard. My eyelids slugged so slowly to close and open. My breathing was hoarse and ragged.

I stared blankly at the ceiling and sighed. This place sure was warm and cozy though. But I wondered whose place I was in.

I heard shuttles and rustles. I didn't have the power to look at it anyway so I didn't move nor make a sound.

I resounded my breathing and my blinking was too slow to even notice so I just closed my eyes.

There was silence for a while, before I felt someone gently grip my hand.

What the heck?!!

"Please,..........you have to wake
up" he hesitated and took a breath
"I....... I'm....I'm s.sorry"

Uhmmm am I the only one confused here.
Oh yeah,I think I am.

I heard him sniffling and grip my hand a bit tighter.
Why was this guy apologizing and begging me.

Is he.......gasps!  no way. But where is mi-

The feeling of his lips on my hand brought me out of my thoughts. Then he leaned in closer and kissed my forehead.

My shock had skyrocketed and the struggle I had to go through to not open my eyes and see whoever was showing this act of affection was killing me.

To be honest, I didn't even know why I was pretending to be asleep.

Why I was refraining from showing my consciousness to this unknown guy. Then I thought might as well finish what I've started.

When I heard his retracting footsteps. I opened my eyes slowly.
My mind races with questions.

Where am I

How did I get here

How do I get out of here.

The last question lasted longer in my mind. I knew I belonged to a pack but which one..........and this was certainly not the pack.

I stayed in the room for about an hour right, I don't know, but it had been a while so I just got up. Which was surprisingly easy consider the fact that I couldn't even blink properly earlier.

I stood up with a groan, it felt so good to be out of that bed. At least.

I opened the door of the room and was momentarily blinded by the reflection of the light from daylight.