Chapter 13: Time of...(1/2)

A/N: Does this need a spoiler warning? Idk.
---
[ memories ]
----
Part 1

- Saiki travel to the past-

12:30.PM . House of the Children of the Star.

Looking into someone mind wasn't a morally correct things to do but it's a convenient ways to get information.

But sometimes I question why this place even existed.

Stopping to take in the sigh of the large and extravagant church building, Saiki now in his young form can already feel a migraine heading in as he goes up the staircase, the pristine image of the building didn't do anything to hide the thoughts sipping out like a persistent odor.

Those simple minded fool's, how can they say my believe are outrageous. They're the one whom are blind! I'll show you who was the idiot!

Mother, oh dear mother. You were wrong this time, I never felt so accepted. They care about me and my believe mother don't you see I was right all along?

Master Tengen, I pray for your enlightenment. I sacrifice my eyes and ears if I have to.

No one, not even my family and friends understand me like you Master Tengen.

I'll sacrifice anything for you Master Tengen!

...

A large congregations of followers stand facing towards a stage with their hands pressed together in silent prayer, the man on the podium preaching about the Star.

Watching on from a corner of the open space, Saiki take notice of the people who was loyal to a point it was concerning.

" My sister and brother, as you stand here be proud for we are a family. Not bound by simple blood but our belief connect us all together under endless arduous time" Declared the tall elderly man as he touched his own chest.

" Our belief is the only right path, as the founder show us mercy and compassion. Guiding us toward the greatness of Master Tengen, our salvation. So stand tall and ignore the words of those foolish souls who have been blinded by the world, they have not seen the true meaning of life! "

" We, the children of the Star had been denied of the truth for so long. Now you stand here and together the faith of the Star shall lead you to greatness. " The elderly man affirmed.

Pray, The Star I'll give my all to you.

Please lead me to the truth oh Lord Star!

I love you Master Tengen!

Pray to Master Tengen, my daughter is still single please bless her!

Hearing enough, Saiki walk away.

Kuroi death was bloody, Riko may deny it but the fact that Kuroi was killed in cold blood was true. Gojo mention blood stained the elevator entrance, I know her surviving it was impossible he said.

The reason I'm here? I may have time leap way to far into the past.

For all my promises to Aiura, time travel was always my least liked ability. It's never easy to save someone without inadvertently killing them again by different means.

Not to mention the butterfly effect and paradox.

It also make me hope to much, with time travel in their hand others would want to change their life for the better right? It be the best right?

Not.

For me, it cause all those time when I saw accident on news and mother crying about it more guts wrenching. I don't watch news anymore.

I wasn't a hero. I only care about the people close to me like everyone else and I'm not saving stranger in exchange for my family.

Isn't that just kidnapping?

" Elder brother, are you sure this is okay? " Around the corner a follower wearing white clothes voiced out with worries, he was immediately scolded by the taller man besides him.

" What don't you understand? We capture the criminal and bring her to the mediator that's it! "

How air-headed is this guy!

" I don't know, isn't this just kidnapping? " The guy scratching his head murmured while looking away from the indignant look of his fellow member.

Those bad people doesn't deserve to be treated with respect, especially with their attempt to disgrace the Star!

" Listen brother, these people bring it upon themselves for attempting to taint Master Tengen. We as followers have to do our best to prevent harmful things happening to our deity, no matter what cost. In this case we're the soldier who have the honor to actively help save the Star. You get it? "

So that's it. We're like hero then, that's so honoring!

With new understanding, the guy smile wide and nod enthusiastically receiving a pat to the back by his senior, the newbie flustered uttered out " Let's beat up those crooks then! "

Just you wait, I'll bring justice upon you!

" That's the spirit! "

With broad smile, the senior and newbie follower of faith goes out to the the open space that Saiki just left.

How enthusiastic of them, a cult truly is horrible. Tricking victim about peace yet endangering them every moment.

Stroll further inside the building with the unfamiliar memories of another as guidance, Saiki make it to a room full of decorations but most importantly bookcases. Looking around he shuffled through them before one catch his attention, with leather cover and carving of a name Sonoda Shigeru, there's also a red bookmark place inside it.

Flipping through it he found multiple name some already crossed out and Riko name was underlined along with another.

Star Plasma Vessel:
....
...
Riko Amanai
...
..
Yuki Tsukumo
...

So there's more than one Star Plasma Vessel.

Good grief, I'll have to inform sensei about this later.

Just as Saiki was about to leave the sounds of multiple footsteps coming closer make him turn around with a bored look. Saiki place the book back just as the figure of a tall elderly man with slick back hair and a bulge on his forehead come in behind was a group smiling happily.

" Representative is as insightful as always. Are there anything else we should prepare for? " A smiling man came forward asked, causing the Representative to laugh and announced.

" That will do for now, brothers and sisters may you all goes back with a fresh mind. We have a new day up ahead "

" Yes, Representative! " The groups cheers, leaving the man be as he goes to look at the bookcase, eyes roaming over different books spine his eyes stopped over a leather cover book.

"Hmm, didn't I put it somewhere else..? " He muttered hands about to take the leather book out before a sound from behind interrupted him.

[ Behind you ]

An intruder! The man eye widen in realization but he was to late, as a hand has already chop his neck causing him to fall over unconscious, grabbing the man jacket Saiki drag him to lay on the couch before looking into his mind.

The sight of meeting a person with stitches on their forehead wasn't what Saiki expected. Quickly pulling out the yellow bat.

He wack the representative on the head, altering his memories before leaving.

What a pain, who is the founder really? Saiki thought but caught sight of the watches on the table.

They wouldn't mind if one simple watch goes missing right?

-----
A/N: Thanks you all for reading ✨❤