❤️ 8. Painting the Roses

Having fed everyone, I went upstairs and changed into my uniform before heading out with the three boys.

I was currently keeping an eye on Grim, who was being dramatic about being a student.

I had gone over it with Crowley, explaining that I didn't know much about this world, so we had come to a compromise.

Grim would be an unofficial student, and guide me around as needed. In exchange, he could sit in on my classes as though he too were enrolled here.

"Move it! Outta the way!" Grim yelled as we walked through Main Street.

I sighed to myself as he continued making a fool of himself.

Noticing that Ace was looking at him, Grim laughed.

"Oh? Did my collar catch your eye? It's way better than the one you're stuck with! You know, the one that makes it so you can't use magic?"

Ace snarled.

"Trust me, Grim, when I get my magic back, your hide is first up on the chopping block!" Ace said.

"Didn't the Headmage just tell you yesterday, no more incidents?" Deuce asked.

I sighed before lifting up Grim by the scruff of his neck, causing him to go slack.

"He's right. Remember, this is your last chance to stay here." I said, not looking at either of them as we walked.

"Right. Also, you're not going to be able to participate in class if you can't use magic. So why not just apologize to the Housewarden? It's a small price to pay for having the collar removed." Deuce said as I nodded.

"There's no shame in admitting a fault. It actually takes more courage to do so." I said as Ace muttered.

"I hate this so, so much!"

"Hmm, Ya know, we do still have some time to kill before class starts. And I am kinda curious about the other dorms. Guess I'll go along and scope out the place while you make with the groveling." Grim said from my arms.

I sighed.

"Grim, please refrain from teasing Ace. He has it hard enough at the moment." I said as Ace looked at me with slight appreciation.

"Seriously, when did this become a field trip...?" Ace asked, not feeling like yelling due to my intervention.

"I am somewhat curious about the dorms as well, but let's leave Ace to do what he wants while we're there." I said as Grim sighed before nodding.

Reaching the hall of mirrors, we headed to an unusual mirror.

It was surrounded by stone cards and roses, and the top step was surrounded by colorful mushrooms.

Above it was a sign that read "Heartslaybul."

Once we reached it, we walked through as a bright light filled my vision, causing me to stop for a moment until it faded.