1. The Emergence of Thriller Novels

To comprehend the evolution of planning a thriller novel, it is crucial to examine the historical context and the key figures who laid the foundation for this genre.

1. The Development of Suspense Fiction:
Early 20th-century thriller writers like Edgar Allan Poe and Arthur Conan Doyle popularized the genre by incorporating suspenseful aspects into their detective narratives. But the thriller subgenre did not really take off until the middle of the 20th century, thanks to the efforts of authors like Agatha Christie and Alfred Hitchcock.

These genre pioneers set the standard for contemporary thriller writers by showcasing tension, suspense, and surprising turns that captivate readers across the globe.

2. Agatha Christie: Whisperer extraordinaire:
The undisputed Queen of Crime, Agatha Christie, transformed the thriller genre with her well-developed characters and painstakingly constructed scenarios. She wrote stories that have become classics, like "And Then There Were None" and "Murder on the Orient Express," that demonstrate how deft planning can enthrall readers and keep them wondering right up until the very end.

Her reputation as one of the greatest mystery authors of all time has been cemented by her ability to craft challenging puzzles and deceive readers with cunning.

3. Today's thrillers nevertheless have the imprint of Agatha Christie, whose classic novels continue to inspire writers. Her influence on the genre is unabated since audiences all around the world are enthralled with her stories. She is a renowned person in mystery fiction that will always be remembered.

4. The Cinematic Influence of Hitchcock:
The unmatched suspenseful contributions of filmmaker Alfred Hitchcock, especially from his films "Psycho" and "Vertigo," have had a significant impact on the plotting of thriller novels. His skill at developing suspense and delving into psychological complexity makes him a valuable mentor for authors who want to craft gripping stories. Even now, Hitchcock's impact may be found in a vast array of literary and film productions. There is no denying his influence on the genre, and his legacy keeps inspiring artists working in a variety of media.