Chapter -6 : The Ultimate Choice

"Aunty?" Jungkook said, his voice filled with confusion, as they all turned to look at him.

Lisa rushed to Jungkook and enveloped him in a hug. Jungkook, still bewildered, hesitated for a moment before returning the hug.

Lisa's eyes welled up with tears as she gently cupped Jungkook's cheeks, planting a tender kiss on his forehead. "I am so sorry, Jungkook," she whispered, her voice filled with emotion.

Confusion flickered across Jungkook's face as he looked up at her. "Why are you saying sorry, Auntie?" he asked innocently.

Tears trickled down Lisa's cheeks as she took a deep breath. "It's not Auntie, Jungkook. I am your mom," she confessed, her voice barely above a whisper.

Jungkook's eyes widened in shock,He jerked Lisa's hands from his cheeks and took a step backward, his eyes filled with disbelief. "What are you talking about? It's a lie," he protested, his voice trembling with emotion.

Lisa's tears continued to flow as she shook her head. "It's true, Jungkook. We're here to take you with us," she explained gently, her voice breaking.

Jungkook's heart raced with fear and confusion. "No, you can't!" he cried out, panic rising within him. "You can't take me from my Papa!" With that, he turned and ran to Namjoon, wrapping his arms tightly around his father's waist.

"Please, Papa, don't let them take me. Tell them I am your son, not theirs," he pleaded, his voice trembling with fear and desperation. "I don't want to leave you."

Namjoon's heart broke at Jungkook's words, feeling the weight of the situation. He gently knelt down to Jungkook's level, wrapping his arms around him protectively. "Jungkook, you are my son, and I love you more than anything," he assured him, his voice filled with emotion. "I won't let anyone take you away from me."

"Jungkook is not your son, Namjoon. He's ours. You have no right to keep him."Euntaek suddenly forcefully pulled Jungkook away from Namjoon, causing Jungkook to cry out in confusion and distress.

"No, you are lying! I belong with Papa !"He broke free from Euntaek's hold and ran back to Namjoon,who hold Jungkook protectivel and steps forward. "Don't you dare touch my son, Euntaek. Jungkook belongs with me. He's my son, and I won't let anyone take him away."

"Give us Jungkook, Namjoon! Or I'll call the police!"
Euntaek got furious.

"I don't care. Jungkook stays with me. He's my son, and I won't let you take him away."

Lisa slowly stepped forward and knelt in front of Namjoon and Jungkook, her voice trembled with emotion as she spoke. "Namjoon, I missed Jungkook... so much. For five long years, I have searched tirelessly for my son, my heart never giving up hope."

Tears welled up in her eyes as she continued, her voice breaking with emotion. "As a mother, my heart has never stopped beating for my child. Every moment, every day, I have longed to hold you in my arms again, Jungkook. Please, Namjoon, I beg of you... give me back my son."

Namjoon's heart ached as he listened to Lisa's heartfelt plea, feeling the weight of her longing and grief. He looked down at Jungkook, his own emotions swirling with conflict.

Jungkook glanced up at Namjoon, his eyes wide with confusion and apprehension. He instinctively reached out for Namjoon's hand, seeking comfort and reassurance.

Namjoon took a deep breath, his mind racing as he grappled with the impossible decision before him. He glanced between Lisa and Jungkook, his heart torn between his love for Jungkook and his empathy for Lisa's pain.

In that moment, as he looked into Jungkook's trusting eyes, Namjoon knew what he had to do. With a heavy heart, he spoke softly, his voice filled with sorrow. "Lisa, I... I understand your pain, but Jungkook is a part of our family now. He's my son, and I can't bear to let him go."