"Liam needs me to do this for him."

Liam's P.O.V

I squint as the sun begins to bleed in through the curtains. I blink a few times to let my eyes adjust to the light. I can feel Zayn's body pressed up against my back. I groan as the memories from last time start to flood in. God, I had let myself get way too comfortable with him. Last night could've ruined everything. I can't let my feelings keep getting in the way. I could ruin everything.

I couldn't lose him. I'd be fucked. I had to be better about how I'm treating him. I can't keep letting my dick do the thinking. No more affection when we aren't around my family and definitely no more making out. That was the second time we'd almost taken things too far. And last night before bed was almost the third. Had he not stopped me I don't know what I would've done. I need to control myself. I reach over and tap the screen of my phone. 7:45. Jesus, I'd slept in. Usually with my work schedule I'm up before 7 most days. I was exhausted yesterday though so I know it was needed.

As I go to sit up and start getting dressed for a run, Zayn curls his arms around me and whines. "No." He grumbles.

"I'm just going for a run; I'll be back soon okay." I tell him, trying to pry his arm off of me.

"No. Stay." He whines.

"Zayn." I say, trying to sound stern. What did I just tell myself. I can't continue being affectionate when no one's around.

"Please." He pleads. This makes me crack. Fuck.

"Okay," I whisper, "I'll stay."

I turn to lay on my back, gathering him up in my arms. He immediately snuggles into my chest. His arm goes around my waist, and he throws his leg over mine. He had such an effect on me, it was impossible to escape.

I decide to only lay here for a few minutes until he falls back asleep. I of course wind up not being able to stay true to that. I end up staying with him, listening to his soft breaths and letting him lay on me. Shocker.

Zayn's P.O.V

I wake to Liam's voice, his tone sounding tense. I open my eyes to see him sitting on the side of the bed on the phone. His toned back on full display. The sun shining in on his tan skin.

"George please just figure it out. We have other proofreaders. It is not an issue. Zayn and I will go over applications when he and I both return. Zayn is visiting his family, George; he can't be there. Pull Perrie from the front. Have her sit in with the meeting, maybe she will stop you guys from making dumb ass decisions. Don't treat her like an assistant George. If I hear otherwise, I'll have your ass. Call me after the meeting. Yeah, bye." He rants into the phone.

I smile at the mention of Perrie, making a note to call her later and ask how the meeting went. She had been wanting to get from behind the front desk for a while now, but Liam hasn't had any positions open.

Hearing Liam talking to George about where I was makes me wonder. I wonder if anyone in the office was suspicious over the fact that Liam and I took the same exact days off at the same exact time. I had told a couple curious coworkers that I was going on vacation. I hope George wouldn't run his mouth too much, since Liam had said I was visiting my family. I doubt anyone would actually care.

"Good morning, I didn't wake you up, did I?" Liam asks, pulling me from my thoughts. I look up at him with a smile.

"No, you didn't." I tell him, pushing myself up and moving to sit beside him. "Everything okay? I ask, nodding to his phone that was now resting on his bare thigh.

"Yeah, everything's fine. George is freaking out over me firing those proofreaders. Apparently, another one called in sick today and they're short. He also requested to have you in the meeting with him, even though he knows you aren't there." Liam stresses, running a hand through his messy hair.