"We shouldn't be doing this."

Liam's POV

I groan loudly as I open my eyes to the beaming sunlight. I was surprised to find myself in the living room, spread across the couch with a blanket draped over myself. "The hell." I grumble out.

I spot my phone on the coffee table and quickly reach for it. I click the power button and am immediately met with the time and a few text messages from Zayn. 5:57 A.M.

I click on the messages, eager to figure out what had earned me my spot on the couch.

Zayn Malik: hey. i know you're probably confused as to why you're on the couch. i just thought it would be in our best interest to sleep separately tonight.

Zayn Malik: sorry that sounds really cryptic and weird. it's not anything super serious. i'll explain in the morning.

Oh god, what had I done. I struggle to remember anything happening that could have upset Zayn. To be completely honest I was struggling to remember anything that had happened last night. I can't believe I let myself get that drunk.

I chew on my lip as I continue to rack my brain. I'm pulled out of my thoughts when I hear someone rustling around in the kitchen. I pull myself off of the couch and blink a few times to steady my gaze. Yeah, I was definitely hungover.

As I walk into the kitchen I am surprised to see Zayn making a pot of coffee. He looked exhausted, but so beautiful. He was wearing a pair of superhero pajama pants and one of my company t-shirts that I had brought with me on the trip. His hair was a mess, sticking up in random places in the back but the front was laid perfectly against his forehead.

At this point I decide to make my presence known, I'd rather him not discover me watching him from afar. "Zayn," I whisper out, "what're you doing up?" My voice was groggy. He jumps a little before spinning around to face me.

"Liam," He breathes out, "you scared me."

"I'm sorry." I say walking over to the fridge, pulling out a bottle of water. I quickly uncap and chug it. I place it down on the counter, before making my way over to Zayn.

"I'm sorry, whatever I did, I'm so sorry." I plead, quickly pulling him into my arms.

I hear him let out a quiet laugh against my chest. The sounds makes me pull away, he's laughing? Well, I guess it can't be that bad then.

"Liam," he starts, "you don't even know what you're apologizing for yet. Calm down okay? I promise it's not that big of a deal."

"What did I do?" I ask him. I back him up against the counter and place my hands beside his body.

I watch his breath hitch. Was I affecting him? No. He was probably just surprised of our position. "Well." Zayn starts, nervously chewing on his bottom lip.

"After we got home from the bar last night, I woke you up because I knew there was no way I could've gotten you inside with you still asleep. You were pretty drunk and I'm gonna be completely honest with you Liam." Zayn says, pausing to draw in a quick breath.

I nod, indicating for him to continue.

"You were saying and," his cheeks quickly turn a bright shade of pink, "doing some things. I just thought it would be a good idea to separate whilst you were drunk and well, having some feelings."

My breath catches in my throat. Oh god no. Had I said and done inappropriate things to him? Even worse were they without his consent? "Zayn, babe please don't tell me I touched you inappropriately. I am so sorry."

I immediately back away from him and cover my faces with my hands. "I'm so sorry." I grown against them. I feel Zayn's soft hands wrap around my wrists, tugging them away from my face.