Chapter 10

Naruto stood at the base of Hokage Tower. He knew Hiruzen was likely to chew him out over telling his team of his condition, but to be fair he had a decent explanation.

The teen walked in and ascended the stairs, walking to the ornate double doors that would open to the Hokage's office. The Old Man's receptionist would always let him go in, so long as nothing of extreme importance was going on inside.

Naruto knocked twice, gaining a beckon inside from his village leader.

"Naruto, how was training yesterday?" The old Hokage asked the teen. Naruto sighed.

"It was good, learning new jutsu is always a plus. I did need to inform you of something though…" Naruto replied, seeming hesitant.

"Well, that's always good. What did you need to tell me, kiddo?" Hiruzen asked.

Naruto sighed, "I informed my team of the location of the Nine Tails, and before you freak out, I have a good explanation."

Hiruzen schooled his frown and stopped himself from yelling at Naruto, gesturing for him to continue.

"If I'm out on a mission and something goes wrong, making me lose control of myself due to the Nine Tails' influence, they stand to be most at risk. Kakashi-sensei is an elite jonin, he can handle himself against that sort of thing. I gave my teamates Demonic Supression Seals so that they stand the most chance of at least surviving." Naruto elaborated. "At least now, with them, they don't have to find a suitable explanation for how I'm also stronger than all of them. I'm Konoha's Jinchuriki, I have to be."

"While it makes sense that you would do such a thing, next time clear it with me before you do something like this again." The Hokage said sternly. "If you blab about this to the wrong person, like a spy Kami forbid, then you put yourself and the village at risk."

"I understand, Lord Hokage. I also would not have told my teamates anything about it if they weren't going to be in my life and depending on me like they likely will. They will put their life in my hands at some point, I guarantee it. I want them to trust me as much as I want to trust them." Naruto replied, gaining a nod.

"When you put it that way, your decision makes much more sense. Against my better judgment, I will admit that you made the right decision." Hiruzen said, relaxing his posture. "Is there anything else you need while you're here?"

Naruto nodded. "Remember that DNA test you did a while back?" At this, Hiruzen sighed. He knew this would happen eventually.

The man opened a drawer in his desk and pulled out a bottle of sake and a sealed envelope. He then pulled out two cups and set them down on the desk, closing his drawer.

"In this envelope is the identity of your father, as well as his only letter to you. I had him write something down should something happen while your mother gave birth." Hiruzen poured some sake in the cups and pushed one to Naruto. "Drink before you read it. It might make it easier to accept."

Naruto did as he was told, drinking the sake and sitting down across from Hiruzen. He opened the envelope, which was quite thick, and pulled out two pieces of paper. One was labeled 'My letter to you' and the other 'results.' Naruto opened the letter first.

'Naruto, if you are reading this, that means something went wrong and your mother and I are dead. There is so much I wish I could say, so many lessons I wish I could be there to teach you. I'm sorry we can't be there to tell you everyday how much we love you. Grow up strong and keep your loved ones safe.

Your father, Minato Namikaze.

P.S. Never trust Danzo.'

A tear fell from Naruto's eye as he opened the DNA test.