Chapter 7

Naruto Uzumaki-Hatake: Age 13

Height: 6 feet 2 inches, 190.5 cm

Naruto stood across from Sasuke Uchiha. He was in the Uchiha compound training grounds, waiting for Kakashi to start their spar.

The boys held up the Seal of Confrontation, and Kakashi smiled.

"Begin!" Kakashi called out, bringing his hand down in a chopping motion.

Sasuke rushed Naruto, fist raised. When the Uchiha got within arms length of the blond, he struck.

Naruto dodged the sloppy punch and kneed Sasuke in the gut, making him grunt. Sasuke grabbed Naruto by the knee and twisted his leg. The Uzumaki side flipped and pulled his leg away, back stepping once his feet hit the ground.

Naruto pulled out four shuriken and launched them at Sasuke, who lunged away and flew through hand signs.

"Fire Style: Fireball Jutsu!" The Uchiha called out, puffing his chest and releasing his jutsu. The ball of flame flew towards Naruto, who used a Shunshin to dodge and get behind the other boy.

As the fireball collided with the ground where Naruto was moments before, the blond kicked Sasuke's side, sending him to the ground.

Naruto let him get up, and was surprised when he saw the distinct red iris and one tomoe pattern of his newly awakened Sharingan. Naruto dodged the kick Sasuke threw at his face and countered with an elbow to Sasuke's back, but was countered by a palm strike to his solar plexus, knocking the air from his lungs.

Naruto backed away and weaved through his own hand signs, shouting out his own original jutsu.

"Lightning Style: Electromagnetic Disruption!" Naruto called out, aiming at Sasuke. Since Sasuke could see the chakra coming at him with his Sharingan, but didn't know Naruto's jutsu, he decided to let it hit him.

Sasuke doubled over, gagging roughly, coughing and wheezing.

Naruto rushed him with a kunai and placed it at his neck. "You're done, Sasuke." He said, releasing his jutsu.

"It would seem that way. That jutsu really is something though. I copied the hand seals with my Sharingan, would you mind if I use it?" The Uchiha asked, making the Seal of Reconciliation with Naruto.

"I appreciate you asking my permission." Naruto replied, clapping the shorter boy on the shoulder. "You may use my jutsu as you see fit, so long as you don't use it on fellow Leaf Village citizens." Naruto said.

Kakashi smiled behind his mask.

"You know Naruto, it is very kind of you to let Sasuke use your jutsu. Oh and Sasuke, while it is impressive that you can use the Fireball Jutsu, do not focus on where it will land." Kakashi said, walking up to the boys.

"What do you mean?" The Uchiha asked. Naruto decided to explain.

"It is a common mistake for inexperienced shinobi to watch their jutsu land after they release it. Be confident that it will hit your target, but allow yourself to be observant if it does not. You didn't know I was behind you until I hit you. With your newly acquired Sharingan, you should be able to see the traces of Chakra expended in a shunshin or escape attempt, but focus more on changes in your environment. Feel your opponent moving, feel their chakra around you." Naruto spoke evenly, explaining the intricacies of what he learned from Kakashi.

Sasuke nodded, turning to Kakashi. "I will take this lesson to heart. Thank you Kakashi." The man nodded.

"Well, I'll be going now. Yugao asked me to attend an important meeting, so I'll see you at home Naruto. And Sasuke, if you need help in mastering your Sharingan, do not hesitate to ask me for help." With that, Kakashi pulled out his book and disappeared in a plume of smoke.