Chapter 6

Naruto Uzumaki-Hatake: Age 12

Naruto looked down a long staircase, peering into the shadows that lurk beyond them. As the boy started his descent, he could hear blood curdling screams behind him.

Taking the steps two at a time, he eventually made it to the bottom, where he found a beautiful woman with black hair and red eyes. She held a bundle of large black feathers wrapped in red twine out to Naruto.

"Hold these for me, keep them safe so that I can see you again in a while..." her voice warmed Naruto's chest. She smiled as Naruto closed his eyes, and for some reason, he felt that he would truly see this woman again.

Naruto's Bedroom

Naruto opened his eyes to find his ceiling staring back at him. He pulled a strand of hair in front of his face to find a small discoloration. He stood and walked to the bathroom across the hall, turning the light on and looking in the mirror.

It seemed that, while he was sleeping, small patches of black had invaded his once blonde head. It was bound to be noticed, with his hair as long as it was –almost to his mid bicep– and there wasn't much he could do about it.

"Well damn..." Naruto muttered, picking up his tooth brush and committing to his normal morning routine. After he showered and brushed his teeth, Naruto left the bathroom.

He changed into a pair of black cargo pants and a tank top and slowly shuffled into the kitchen to find Kakashi cooking breakfast. Naruto sat at the table, pulling at the hem of his shirt as he waited to be served.

"Good morning Naruto. How did you sleep?" Kakashi asked, flipping eggs in the pan as he spoke.

"I slept fine. I had a weird dream though. An Uchiha woman gave me a bundle of black feathers..." Naruto replied, "do you know what that means?"

Kakashi's head cocked to the side slightly, thinking on where he heard that before. It was only a moment before he remembered his old teamate talking about his parents.

"Well, under normal circumstances, when a female Uchiha clan member gives a male clansmen a bundle of black feathers, it is a declaration of love and admiration, however, the only Uchiha that still breath are Sasuke and his disgraced elder brother Itachi." The man explained, carefully placing the eggs he cooked on a plate with a piece of toast and sausage.

Kakashi set Naruto's plate down and took a seat next to him, his own breakfast in front of him.

"So why did my hair change colors? The only woman who could possibly match the description of the woman in my dreams is Makora Uchiha." Kakashi eyed Naruto. "I've done my research."

"If it is Makora in your dreams, then it is possible that she left a piece of her Chakra with the Nine Tails when she controlled it. Why she would do that, I have no clue. Though, we should probably see Lord Hokage as a precaution."

Naruto nodded. He knew that if the seal holding the Nine Tails were to weaken, the village could be in great danger. So after the pair finished their breakfast, they were out the door.

Naruto basked in the mid-June heat, joining Kakashi on the rooftops as they made their way to the Hokage's Tower.

As they got close, a cat masked woman hopped onto the roof by Kakashi. Naruto noticed that even though she looked relaxed, there was a slight tension in her shoulders. She motioned for them to stop briefly. As their feet touched the next roof, they did just so.

"Lord Hokage is currently in a meeting." She spoke in an almost bored monotone. Kakashi nodded for her to continue. "There is an ambassador from Sunagakure."