Chapter 8

Naruto Uzumaki-Hatake: Age 14

Height: 6 feet, 4 inches, 193.04 cm

Weight: 225.6 lbs, 102.3 kg

Naruto stood in front of the mirror in the bathroom. It was five in the morning, he had just showered and brushed his teeth. He was ready for his team placement. He was interested in who would be on his team. Kakashi had gone on a mission two years ago to Grass country and come back with his distant cousin, a girl Naruto's age named Karin.

She was short, at least compared to Naruto. Her hair was red, she wore glasses, and revealing clothes. The blond saw her as a little sister of sorts, needing to protect her from bullies or unwanted suitors. While she didn't live with Kakashi and Naruto, but in an apartment in the shinobi district, Naruto would still walk to school with her.

Naruto knew there were rumors that him and Karin were dating, but he knew who she actually liked, Sasuke Uchiha. It's not that he disliked Sasuke, quite the opposite, Naruto saw him as a rival of sorts. He also knew through his spars with the young Uchiha that he liked Karin, but was too scared of getting close with her because of his traumatic past.

Naruto sighed and brushed his hair, which now fell down to his waist. 'If I could get Sasuke to see that he's not cursed to be alone, him and Karin could be really happy together.' Naruto thought, hoping he could do just that, but convincing somebody else of something opposing what they have convinced themselves of would be damn near impossible. Especially if that somebody was Sasuke Uchiha.

Naruto opened the bathroom door and was greeted with Kakashi's knuckles hitting his shoulder in a knocking motion. While it wasn't much, he noticed a few months ago that he was slightly taller than his father in all but blood.

"Bathroom's all yours pops. Don't be late picking up your gennin team today please. I don't need my peers yelling at me." Naruto said, walking past the man.

"Yeah yeah, whatever you say kid." Kakshi waved the teen off, closing the bathroom door behind him.

Naruto walked across the hall into his room and grabbed his outfit for today. A special ordered fishnet long sleeve under a black tank top and black anbu style pants. He took great care in wrapping his pants in black cloth from the knee down, as he didn't like his clothes rustling and making any noise. He also grabbed his black Konoha headband and tied it around his waist like a belt. This was also special order, instead of being made of weapon steel like all other leaf village headbands were, his was a high carbon steel which made it more grey than silvery.

Naruto then went to the kitchen and made three servings worth of chicken fried steak, eggs and potatoes. Two for him and Kakashi, and one for Karin, who came over for breakfast at six every morning before the academy. Kakashi came out of the bathroom in his normal attire, black pants, black long sleeve and konoha jonin flak jacket.

"That smells really good Naruto. I see my cooking lessons haven't gone to waste." There was a knock at the door. "That must be Karin and Yugao. I'll get it." Kakashi said, as if the pair didn't come over at least every morning.

Yugao was Kakashi's love intrest, as Naruto called her. She was kind, caring and loving, but also the captain of ANBU Team Ro.

"Sorry Yugao, I only made food for Kakashi, Karin and I. I can make more if you like." Naruto called out from the stove upon hearing the door open. She entered the dining room with a chuckle.

"That's quite alright Naruto, I ate breakfast already. Thank you for offering." The purple haired woman called back.

It was then that Karin entered the kitchen and grabbed one of the plates Naruto had served up already. She was wearing a fishnet long sleeve and a black crop top with black shorts and fishnet leggings.