𝟎𝟓 || 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐌𝐄𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒

Darkness was all Anna could see at first. But after some moments she could feel something... it was the pain. It was a dull pain that radiated all over her body. And then she could feel the straps over her body that kept her still.

Then it felt as if she was being moved on something. Opening her eyes she was met with bright lights moving fast above her as she was moved on some type of gurney. Slowly looking slightly beside her on both sides Anna was met with doctors and scientists that were examining her body. She then could hear one of the men say something but could only hear a few words being that his voice was muffled.

"She... ready... process sir," the man said while looking at his clipboard then back up at the man standing before Anna. Anna was confused as to what was happening but kept her mouth closed.

She knew nothing good would come out of opening her mouth. She watched as the man before the gurney she was on nodded his head with his arms crossed behind his back formally. He soon looked back at her with a smirk before gesturing somewhere.

That was when they parted ways.

And soon the scientist and doctors around her were wheeling her to a door. Opening the door the people wheeled Anna into the room and unstrapped her quickly. Then pushing her roughly off of the gurney Anna fell to the ground with a yelp.

Looking up ready to curse at the people but she was met with them hastly shutting the door racing out the room with the gurney. Anna sigh as she got up from the floor with a grunt. Dusting herself off Anna sighed as she looked around the dark room letting her enhanced eyes adjust to the dark room. But soon a yelp escaped her lips.

When she was disturbed by a clear but deep growling voice over an inner comm in the room.

"Hello Red Soldier. Now all I am here to tell you is that you are going through another session. Another session where you need to touch something... something very powerful. And that is all that is needed of you today. Do you understand Red Soldier," the deep growling authoritative voice of a man was heard through the hidden inner comm in the dark room.

Anna gulped down a breath of air nervously hearing what he had to say. Anna was scared. She knew that if she didn't do what they said for her to do she would be punished. And Anna was tired of being punished after the whole fiasco with her former mentor the Winter Soldier. They blamed her for him going awol. So with a sigh Anna looked around the room shouting out a "yes sir."

It was moments after that a noise echoed in the room. It was the opening of a slab in the wall. A yelp escaped Anna's mouth when it happened. But when it opened it revealed a strong glowing stone. Anna looked around nervously until a sigh was released from her mouth.

She knew what she had to do. But that didn't stop her from being scared of what could happen to her. Biting her lip nervously Anna began slowly walking towards the stone. Shuffling on her feet towards the stone Anna's hand trembled as she reached out towards the stone.

But as she grew closer to the stone it was as if she lost control of her body. Her body became less tense and relaxed. Her hand had eagerly reached out and touched the stone. And once Anna touched the stone softly caressing it she smiled at the feeling radiating off of it.

It was powerful yes but it was a content and safe feeling she felt wafting off the stone.

But she was soon disturbed. By a voice from the inner comm. Anna couldn't hear what it said being she was so focused on the stone. But as soon as the voice shouted through the room screaming 'let it go' a blast of golden orange dust like mist energy left the stone and traveled into Anna. Causing Anna to fly backwards and her body slamming into the stone wall.