22. Vairak

Alarion was tense.

Avyugh could sense it.

Lyris glanced at his son worriedly from time to time.

They were all on their way to Vairak in a helicopter with five bodyguards.

Alarion was looking down outside, with a blank look on his face. His mere existence was condemned by the people of Vairak, he wondered how they would react to him stepping into the place he was forbidden to enter.

He unconsciously clenched his fists.

Avyugh leaned forward to whisper in his ear. "You look constipated. Hence less good looking."

Alarion turned his head to the side and found his mate in such close proximity and smirked. "So you admit I am good looking."

Avyugh scoffed. "Keep dreaming." But his red ears said otherwise.

Alarion turned to look outside the window. He didn't really care much about how they'd treat him, but now that he had a mate, he thought about how they'd treat Avyugh. He unclenched his fist and slightly rested it on the space between his knee and Avyugh's.

Avyugh on the other hand, looked curious, as he kept pushing Alarion aside to look outside.

Alarion groaned. "Oh my goodness just sit this side."

He smoothly picked up Avyugh after unbuckling their safety belts and moved to his mate's seat, letting his mate occupy his previous seat.

Avyugh sat back down with a face as red as a tomato. Sometimes, his brown face did very little to conceal his blush.

Alarion was oblivious to how he made his mate blush and focused on some sleep.

Viridian glanced at Lyris with a knowing look, after witnessing the interaction between his son and son's mate.

The helicopter was slowly descending to land on Vairak.

Alarion seemed relatively calm as he opened his eyes. He found Avyugh staring at him.

The vampire leaned forward to whisper in his mate's ears. "Is that concern I see on your face?"

Avyugh scowled. "You're my bodyguard. If you die, I die. So don't die."

Alarion chuckled and stood up, offering a hand to his mate to help him get out of the copter after unbuckling their safety belts. Avyugh gave his hand to the vampire who helped him get down from the helicopter soon after.

The hands remained joined.

Neither of them felt the need to pull away.

Alarion noticed another one of their flights on standby.

Alarion and Avyugh followed his parents once they all stepped down, and their bodyguards surrounded them, holding up a barrier. The people of Vairak stepped out of their homes to see the face of the boy who brought in the flood.

None of them seemed pleased to see him, and even if that didn't bother Alarion, it seemed to bother Avyugh as he tightened his hold within the vampire's hand.

Alarion smiled a bit at the action.

They were taken inside an old stone temple, where the Chief of Vairak was waiting along with four priests, dressed in a one piece white cloth that was long enough and wide enough to wrap around their shoulders and legs.

Alarion couldn't hear what his fathers were talking because his senses seemed to have dulled, and all of a sudden he knew what was happening.

He quickly pushed Avyugh behind him and caught the knife that was aimed their way from a distance.