28. Past

Alarion's legs moved on their own and soon, he was sprinting towards Viridian. Squad Z were behind Alarion.

"He's fine," Lyris muttered with a grim look.

Avyugh squeezed his arm. Maahi came running to his brother from the other end of the field with tears streaming down his face, afraid of the sound.

Viridian's transmitter was buzzing with static noise.

"That's a lot of smoke," Kole muttered.

Everybody looked up at the sky that was soon covered with grey smoke.

Alarion reached his father within seconds.

"Pa!" Alarion yelled.

Viridian was leaning against a tree without a single scratch on his face.

"I'm fine," Viridian muttered. "I moved away just in time."

Alarion looked at his father with a dumbfounded look before slowly smiling. "I guess being a half vampire has its perks."

Viridian let out a short laugh.

Squad Z reached the scene too.

"Send the bees, scan the zone," Alarion said, helping his father up.

Squad Z were on their mission, as they scattered around and searched the perimeter. Alarion looked at his father with a frown and muttered once they were standing up.

"You knew something."

Viridian nodded.

"It's my job."

Alarion stared hard at his father. He didn't know whether to admire him or be angry at him for putting himself in danger.

"Could've told me," Alarion said.

Viridian shook his head and eased the frown on his son's forehead with his index finger.

"I'm a big boy, Rion." Viridian joked.

Alarion groaned with a small smile.

"We found this," Klyden came out from a clearing, holding a small hard metal piece with gloves on.

Alarion walked forward and peered over the metal followed by Kenji who was holding up a familiar looking jacket.

Alarion's face hardened as soon as he realized whom the jacket belonged to and Kenji noticed it.

"Whose is it?"

Alarion clenched his jaw.

"Avyugh's."

--

"I'm telling you, I'm fine." Avyugh tried to talk Alarion out of making rash decisions. "I don't need an iron man suit."

Alarion continued picking up ammunition and suits, ignoring his mate who was trying to reason with him.

Squad Z was also gathering ammunition in the ammunition room. It was all big and fancy down there. Every kind of weapon was laid on display from a micro grenade to a big ass suit.

"Rion," Avyugh groaned.

"This should be enough." Alarion glanced at all the guns he carried. He looked up at Trey. "Do I need more?"

Trey glanced at the suit Alarion was holding among other weapons.

"If you're getting the suit I'd say go for the white and olive one--it brings out his eyes more." Trey nodded to himself.

Alarion quickly replaced the suit.

"You guys are crazy," Avyugh looked around at the boys who were picking up all the necessities.