Happy ending

I lead Saori back to the tree, and we sit against it by the base.

Saori - "The stars really are beautiful."

"Keep looking."

Saori - "Hmm?"

Soon after, flying fish jump out from the water. The moon's light reflects off the water with a rippling effect from the waves. Now the moon's light also reflects off the fish as they soar through the air and land back into the water.

Saori stares in amazement, her eyes glittering as she smiles.

Saori - "It's beautiful, but how did you know that this would happen?"

"I've lived on this ship for most of my life. You learn when things like this will happen."

Back at home, Mom is making dinner with Yukari, who is still bitter about the situation and that Saori took me away.

Mom - "Yukari, can you go and find your brother? He's gonna be late for dinner."

Yukari - "Okay Mom."

Yukari heads out to find me and has no clue where we went. She checks everywhere but just can't find me anywhere. Eventually she gets a phone call from Dad to head home because dinner is about to start. Yukari decides to check one more place before heading home. Yukari takes the small hike up to the tree and finds me and Saori sitting next to each other against the tree, holding our hands together, asleep.

Yukari arrives home late for dinner and proceeds to tell Mom and Dad that I won't be home for dinner.

Mom - "Why?"

Yukari - "He's with his girlfriend." Yukari says with a smile.

Mom and Dad look at each other before going back to eating.

Dad - "Well let's hope he shows up for breakfast then."

The next day Saori and I wake up and blush heavily after seeing we fell asleep together. Saori quickly runs for her dorm to get ready for school, and I head home.

When I arrive home I am welcomed by Mom who is making breakfast and Dad who is drinking coffee. Yukari comes in and takes me away. She then shows me a picture of me and Saori sleeping together again the tree.

Yukari - "I assume everything is back in order?"

"Y-yeah."

Yukari - "What did Saori say?"

I smirk.

"She said that she would do the Anglerfish Dance in front of me and the whole tankery team."

Yukari grows a devilish smile before texting everyone about what will happen at the tankery practice after classes. Then when my back is turned she sends them the picture of me and Saori sleeping.

Before classes ended for the girls I headed to the garage and find the Leopon team hard at work per usual.

Nakijima - "Well if it isn't the lover boy!"

"What?"

Hoshino - "Yukari sent us the picture."

"What!?"

The girls laugh.

"Well I'm just here to watch Saori do the Angler fish dance."

The girls continue to laugh.

Hoshino - "Oh, we know. All the girls know."

After classes all the girls rush to watch the spectacle. Eventually Saori shows up with a nervous expression. All the girls gather around her and she begins to do the dance poorly.

Anzu - "Now that just won't do."

Saori - "Huh!? Then what will?"

Anzu pulls out one of the Anglerfish costumes.

Anzu - "You can do it properly."

The other girls laugh as Saori nearly dies of embarrassment. She leaves to change and comes back wearing the costume. All the girls pull their phones out, further embarrassing Saori. Saori does the dance properly and everyone has a good laugh. By the end, everyone was having a good time and Saori was just happy it was over.

I begin to leave, but before I did Saori stops me. We were just in front of the garage, out of sight from the other girls. Saori changed out of the costume the first moment she got so she was in her normal tankery uniform now.

"Yes?"

Saori - "I just wanted to thank you for giving me a second chance, and apologize again."

"You don't need to apologize. You have already been forgiven."

Saori begins to ramble about being sorry and wanting to make it up to everyone. I stop her and kiss her cheek. Saori blushes heavily.

"You don't need to worry about any of that. Just go back to your friends and practice."

Saori heads back with a beat-red face, and our relationship only grows from here.