Emotional support

The next few days went by so fast. Saori and I spent half the days together and she always had the brightest smile that always made me return the gesture. Yukari wasn't acting like her normal self but she wouldn't admit to anything.

I had a lot of time to myself today. All the girls were in classes and the barber shop was having a slow day. I didn't know what to do today so I just kinda walked around the ship looking for something interesting. After going through some shops I didn't find anything that really caught my eye and I decided to take a walk through the park.

While I was at the park I was surprised by how empty it was but it made sense considering most of the people of the deck of the ship were in classes. What surprised me more was the sound of another person, a girl, crying. After a short look, I found a girl hiding behind some bushes, still visible, but still trying to not be seen.

I went to console her but I froze after seeing who it was.

Yukari was balled up crying with her face on her knees.

"Yukari?"

Yukari froze at the sound of my voice. She looked ashamed to have been caught but she didn't look up. She waited silently for me to speak more.

"Yukari, what happened?"

Yukari - "Nothing happened."

"Yukari, clearly something happened."

Yukari - "Well I don't want to talk about it!" She began to cry more as she yelled.

I kneel down in front of her, taking her hands.

"Yukari, is this because I've been spending less time with you?"

Yukari - "No, at least not entirely."

"It's just you and me right now. You can tell me what's bothering you."

Yukari - "Promise not to tell anyone?"

"I promise."

Yukari pauses for a moment before speaking.

Yukari - "In my classes the other girls make fun of me. My friends try to make me feel better but they don't understand."

Yukari pauses for another moment before continuing.

Yukari - "The other girls tell me things that really make me want to just shrivel up and be completely unnoticeable. Then I come home trying to hold back tears so Mom and Dad don't worry, and when I get home you're not there. You're always with Saori. I'm happy for you but I just wish that my brother could be there for me when I need him."

"I'm sorry Yukari. I never meant to abandon you. But I'm here now, so don't worry about anything right now."

Yukari smiles slightly and looks at me with tear fulled red eyes.

Yukari - "Thank you Y/N."

I wrap my arms around Yukari and kiss her head.

"You have tankery practice today right? I'm sure that will be something to cheer you up later."

Yukari wipes away her tears.

Yukari - "Yeah, it will."

"You still have to finish your classes."

Yukari - "Aww, c'mon."

"I'll be home waiting for you. When you get back from training I'll make sure to give you a big hug."

Yukari smiles.

Yukari - "Thank you."

I give Yukari a hug, then help her to her feet. She wipes away the rest of her tears and leaves for her classes and I head home.