Coming home

Finally after finishing school on land for the year I can move back home to my family. Mom and Dad said that I may be able to take the next year of school online and stay home on the aircraft carrier holding the Oorai Girls academy. My sister Yukari sent me lots of messages about how they brought back the tankery team. I saw them on the news for winning the finals against Kuromorine and was super happy for her. Being apart of a tankery team was a dream of hers and I'm glad it came true.

As I was arriving home I had to wait for a while in a town near the port because the school hadn't docked yet. I enjoyed a chocolate muffin and some tea and met a girl who said she was a part of St. Gloriana. She recommended the tea to me and we had a nice chat about the Tog II and how it could have been used if there was trench warfare in the Second World War. Eventually the school came to port and I went aboard to see home again.

On the ship some students looked at me weird as it is strictly a girls school but other people who lived there recognized me and welcomed me back. I stopped by a convenience store before seeing how the house has been, and I noticed that the owner was selling the tank arcade game.

The shop owner - "It's nice to see you again    Y/N."

"You're selling the game?"

The shop owner - "I know you and your sister used to love coming in to play it, but it just hasn't had the popularity it used to have. I'll sell it and use the money to buy a more popular machine."

"What a shame. How much are you asking for it?"

The shop owner - "It needs some work, but I was hoping for 300."

"I'm sure me and my sister gave you more than that in quarters playing that machine." Chuckling.

The shop owner chuckling as well - "you probably did."

I leave the shop after getting some things and go home. I enter the house from the main door so I don't have to pass through the barber shop. I walk in and see Mom looking at me with a smile before rushing me into a hug.

"Hey Mom."

Mom - "I'm glad you're home. Yukari is out with some friends, but I'm sure she will be back soon knowing you were coming home today."

"I'm glad she finally made some friends."

Mom - "Me too, and their good friends too. I'm sure she will keep these friends forever."

"That's good to hear. I'm sure she'll introduce me to everyone. You know how she gets when she's excited."

Mom chuckles and has me eat a lunch before Yukari comes home. I finish the food and go to my room to put things away and come back down right as Yukari comes home. I didn't realize she was home until I hear her shout my name in excitement and tackle me to the ground.

Yukari - "You're back!" She is beaming with excitement.

"Calm down floof ball."

I hear Mom laugh from behind Yukari.

Yukari asks me about living and going to school on land, and I seemed to have an equal amount of questions for going to school on an aircraft carrier. Yukari tells me she will introduce me to her friends tomorrow and show me the tanks.

As it started getting dark, me and Yukari grab some ice cream and head for our tree. In where the trees are dense there is a hill with a tree on top. We would climb the tree to see the view of the stars and ocean. It has old ropes and pieces of scrap wood nailed to it from when me and Yukari tried making it easier to climb on the budget of the money our child selves had lying around.

We sat by the tree and had ice cream together, talking with each other happy to be back together again.