Chapter 3: Dinner is Served!

WARNING:
Mentions of alcohol use, childhood trauma, along with implications of drug usage, murder, and stalking.

Timeskip, 1st Person POV- Alastor's POV

(Name) and I were currently on our way to her residence, our conversations ran on and on while we drove down the lively, crowded streets of New Orleans.

"So darling, tell me, what do you have planned for dinner this evening?" I asked, turning my head to look at her momentarily with a smile on my face, before returning my attention back to the road ahead of us. After all, if I was to be her dinner guest, I ought to know what was on the menu! A look of glee spread across her face as her eyes lit up, "Oh, actually~!" She started as I saw her turn in her seat a bit to face me while putting her hands up and flailing them around a bit as she spoke out of the corner of my eye. I chuckled a bit to myself, 'She talks with her hands quite a bit'. "We'll be having some jambalaya! My own recipe!" She smiled confidently, placing a hand on her chest as she said 'my own' in a boastful manner.

"That's wonderful! Jambalaya just so happens to be my favorite!" I proclaimed with a broad grin on my face. "My mother used to make Jambalaya quite often when I was a young boy, her recipe had a kick that could send you out of this world!" I remarked enthusiastically, recalling my childhood and feeling a hint of bittersweet joy. "Oh, how I do miss those days," I sighed as my grin fell back into a smile.

"Yeah, those were the good days," (Name) agreed, having a slight hint of empathy in her tone. I hummed in agreement when I was quickly interrupted as (Name) lightly gasped. "Oh! Take a left up here!" She directed me as she pointed to a street up ahead.

A few moments of silence fell upon us as I could tell (Name) had dozed off and was in deep thought. The sounds of the engine purring and the car rattling filled the atmosphere of the vehicle as we drove down the cobblestone roads. I could see (Name) staring out the window through the corner of my eye, resting her chin in her palm, admiring the scenery as we passed by many different places; markets, parks, bars, and restaurants, everything you could imagine a big city like New Orleans would have.

"What's on your mind, my dear?" I asked, pulling her out of her daydreams. "Oh, it's nothing, Alastor." She smiled reassuringly at me. "Just thinking about my childhood, really," She added, returning to looking out the window. "Oh do tell, my dear, I am here to listen," I implored, quickly glancing at her with a warm smile then returning my attention back on the road. (Name) chuckled, "I appreciate the concern, Alastor, really. But i'm afraid it's more of a dinner topic," She assured with a light smile, dismissing the matter. "Of course, my dear! Then over dinner it is!" I smiled, not wanting to press anymore about the topic as I didn't want to push her. She smiled and nodded, "Over dinner it is," She said echoed my words.

The rest of the drive went on in silence as (Name) continued guiding me in the direction to her home and I listened. I admit I took a few glances at her while she remained focused on the scenery which we passed through the car window with a light, tender smile adorning her features. The golden lighting of the sun set falling upon her gracefully, highlighting her features perfectly. I must say, (Name) does have quite an alluring effect, one I've noticed since the moment I laid eyes on her, which makes her quite the interesting individual in my opinion. 'It does make me wonder... Do any secrets lie beneath that captivating, entrancing smile of hers?' I smirked, 'Oh how I do long to discover all there is to know about you, (Name). Even the things you have yet to know about yourself.'