Chapter 1: The Masquerade

WARNING:
This chapter contains depictions of alcohol and smoking.

Quick A/N- Hello readers! Welcome to the first chapter of my Alastor x Reader Fanfic, it's a pleasure to have you here! I don't have much to really say lolol, but please look at the pictures linked to this chapter as those will help you get a visual of what you and Alastor will be wearing for this chapter. Though, in case some of you are not reading this part I will also make note and include them later in the chapter! Also, another thing is that what your character looks like will be completely up to you! Your hair color, skin color, and eye color are all your own creative choice, so I will not be using (e/c), (h/c), (s/c), or anything along those lines. The most I will be doing will be deciding your occupation and outfits (and fate heheheh). With all of that out of the way, enjoy the story!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

New Orleans, LA, Winter of 1924.

2nd Person POV

It was a chilly winter night. The trees ever so lightly swaying along with the light, brisk breeze. The moon brightly illuminated the night sky, casting a slight reflection on the thin layer of snow which had stuck to the ground.

You looked out the window of your cab resting your chin in the palm of your gloved hand, watching the bustling streets of uptown New Orleans as you traveled to your destination. You could hear upbeat jazz music pouring out the windows of bars and clubs. You spotted quite a few people wandering the streets, most of which were drunken old geezers leaving the bars, either with a dame wrapped around their arm or a couple more of their drunken buddies. Though you did spot quite a few young groups entering as well, laughing and enjoying their time together on this beautiful night in New Orleans. You smiled ever so lightly seeing those ones, who looked so happy and so full of excitement, it was all quite contagious.

You leaned back into your seat and pulled a small mirror from your handbag to check your makeup, making sure you hadn't ruined your lipstick or chin contour. After making a couple of touch-ups you placed everything back into its place in your handbag.

"Alright sweetheart," Your elderly chauffeur spoke up, "we've arrived at your destination," he added as he looked at you through the rearview mirror. You looked out the window as the cab pulled up into the large brick driveway, staring in awe at the sight of the luxurious manor before you.

(Just a quick reference photo, also as a reminder this all takes place during the evening, rather than the day)

There were various lights illuminating the old-fashioned manor, as well as the driveway leading up to it. A large, beautifully sculptured water fountain sat in the middle of the driveway, surrounded by bushes and greenery. Many cars were parked along the street and the sides of the driveway.