Prologue

PROLOGUE

She tossed and turned, mumbling words of fear. The poor girl was dreaming again. She was dreaming of something that she should've left behind years ago. Good god, she was now at the ripe age of seventeen and a half, and still thinking of something that shouldn't be in her thoughts at all. She should've just listened to her bright mind for once and forgot.

"Peter," she muttered, her voice trembling with distress, "Peter.. h-he's behind..!"

It was all that she could muster before she jerked awake with a gasp, sweating and shaking. Don't you worry for her, she's used to such hostile dreams. It's almost a twisted game she plays with her heart every night. She would go to sleep peacefully with a heart full of hope that she would have good dreams and then have that hope crushed with the only thing holding her back. A heroic boy named Peter Pan. A boy who swore never to grow up. To stay a boy for eternity, to have fun and be young forever.

"Silly Wendy.." she laughed bitterly at her foolish self, she wiped the sweat off her brows, along with some thin tears by her eyes, "He's in Neve−.. he's back where he belongs."

Wendy slowly got the covers off her skinny legs, she sat up slowly and her feet dangled on the edge of her bed. The girl sighed as she closed her eyes and wondered.. 'Why do I keep having nightmares? Even more so.. about this place I thought I flew away to.. about an evil pirate who has a hook instead of a right hand.. and.. and..'

The chestnut haired girl couldn't let herself finish her thought..., she didn't want to. Her mind wandered a little bit further to the actual nightmares. She could remember the former one she had yesterday night, it was about the incident at 'The Black Castle' only this time good didn't triumph over evil. Evil had actually won. Hook plunged his rusty metal curve into Peter's belly with only one claw, and Peter didn't even see him coming.

Wendy could've screamed, "Watch out!" but it was almost as if her mouth was sewed shut, she couldn't speak, and when she opened her mouth, no words flew off her tongue.

Wendy closed her eyes again tonight, and had a different dream. There was a dripping sound, she was in her silky white night gown that she wore a few years ago, but her feet were bare. She could tell this without even looking down, for her feet had shivered at the cold touch of a splintering wood floors, damp and dusty. Then the girl looked around at her surroundings all she saw was darkness, with only a few figures she could see. Though, the inky black frames never scared her, for sometimes she could trace the figure's outline and unravel whom the mysterious shadow belonged to.

There was lots of crates stacked on one another, and bags of gunpowder. She was on a boat, there was no doubt. Wendy's body swayed with the rocking of the ship, and she noticed a few crates shifting along with her. Her baby blue eyes swirled above her and she noticed the roof of the boat was very old, there were cracks that let the moonlight creep in. She was down under in a cabin of some sort, and by the looks of it, it wasn't a very nice one.

The girl's eyes blinked to adjust to the darkness after staring at the fading moonbeams. Wendy made out one familiar build, she traced skinny curves of a body, it lay limp on the dirty wooden floor. She wondered who it was, she wondered where she was,.. and then it hit her as the moon lit the room as if on cue, and oh the irony, she had seen blonde tousled curls.. Peter.. his wrists were chained to the walls and his head lay on his chest, and he looked as if he wasn't Peter Pan the boy who never wanted to grow up. He had grown, and it had showed. His face was a little more sculpted and his body was more built, she noted that her prediction was right: he would grow up to be a handsome young man. Wendy was sure, if he was standing, he'd be taller than her. His hair had gotten darker, as if it lacked the sunlight it once had before. Though his appearance didn't worry her in the slightest, it was more due to the fact that he was unconscious and certainly wasn't getting any better.

Wendy squeaked as she tried to run towards him.

"Peter!" she tried to scream, however he wouldn't wake up at the sound of her sweet voice. In fact,Wendy dreaded the thought he wasn't even breathing anymore. As she continued to run, he got farther and farther away.

"Peter Pan! Brave boy, open your eyes! Please! It's me, Wendy-Bird!" Her cries fell on deaf ears as he still lay unconscious not moving the slightest.

Fat, hot tears cascaded down her cheeks, she hiccuped uncontrollably and fought to capture her breath as the harsh sobs wracked her body. All the while, she ran and ran. However, her efforts were all in vain, as he soon he disappeared out of sight, out of reach, and she was left alone.

The scenery was had gone pitch black, it was as if someone had spilt a bucket of inky black paint within her head and drowned her in it.

"P-Peter..?" she questioned, it had echoed and bounced off the walls.

"Peter?" she asked again, no answer, and her voice had quickly picked up hysteria.

"PETER!"

Wendy gasped, waking back into reality. It wasn't fair. She decided to leave Neverland behind, leave the adventures, Captain Hook, flying, and most importantly the boy who said he would come back for her..

It... haunted her...

He never came back, no matter how many times she's called his name out of her window, begging him to whisk her away. The petite girl slowly crept back into her cold bed, and with droopy eyes, fell asleep quickly.

Only to wake up 20 minutes later doing the same exact routine

. . . . . . . . .

Author: Hi! I decided my first story would be about the movie, fairytale, and book I loved so much as a child! Peter Pan. I absolutely loved the 2003 movie, but of course didn't like how it ended.

Please vote and review [comment]! Thank you~!

Love Margrett xoxo