Shieldbee

"Steven! Catch!"

You threw it with all your strength, landing just at his feet. Before it could touch the sand, Steven ducked and grabbed it, then returned it the same way.

"Kids, time to eat!" Pearl shouted from the beach house's door.

You turned to the voice, forgetting about the game going on. Steven's shield hit you on the head, pushing you down to the ground as it disappeared.

The hand you had taken to your wound was completely soaked in blood while Steven wouldn't stop shaking you by the shoulders, begging you to wake up. When you did, though, the injury was no longer there, just as if it had been healed by magic.

Ah, right.

"I'm alive," you affirmed.

You'd be freaking out, just like the last three times, if that hadn't happened before.

"You children need to be more careful when playing, specially with weapons, no le-" Pearl was interrupted by a sudden hand on her shoulder.

"I'll take it from here," Garnet announced, inviting Pearl to leave the room.

After doing so, Garnet continued. "Fourth time this week." She clicked her tongue. "You either start being more careful," she stopped to look at you, "or you won't be welcome to the temple any longer."

Both your faces shattered. Steven looked down and you tried to answer back.

But that's it, you just tried, of course failing when you knew Garnet was raising a brow underneath her shades. She dedicated a glance to both of you before walking away, following Pearl's steps.

"Well..." You sighed. "We'll have to stop playing, I can't move out."

"Of course you can't move out, not while your mother is in town." Steven scratched his neck. "But if anything were to happen to you... No, no, Garnet can't be that mean, right?"

You scoffed. "Garnet's the least of my worries," you lay on the couch. "Wow, even I don't believe myself."

He chuckled and lay beside you. "She cares about us, that's all."

"If she cared about me, she wouldn't have threatened to send me back to my mom." You hid your arms behind your neck.

Steven looked at you, and lay on his side. "Maybe if you opened up to the gems, they'd-"

"No," you cut him off. "Garnet can see the future, she can figure this herself," you huffed.

He twisted his mouth. "I get that, but it'll be a while until your dad gets back. We had incidents with your mother before, but if you told the gems about it, they could help us, and everything would be much easier."

Refusing to return his gaze, you hugged a pillow without answering him.

Sighing, he left you alone on the couch. And the pillow was so comfortable, you couldn't have possibly helped falling asleep.

Once you woke up, there was no sight of Steven. You grunted as stretching out, when you touched something you didn't know what was by mistake.

Almost jumping as a reflex, you turned to face Garnet, who rested her palms on her lap. "Maybe knock next time?"

"Maybe don't answer me like that next time." She didn't hesitate while talking in her usually calm demeanor.

"Respect me if you want me to respect you," you huffed.

"So you're admitting you don't respect me in the least." She half-smiled.

You stood up, pointing your index towards her in accusation. "If I had future vision, I'd prevent my son from throwing his shield right into his friend's head, but here we are." You were about to show your wound, then remembered. "Even if my son was able to fix it afterwards!"

Garnet took her hand to her hip. "If I had family problems, I'd talk to the adults in charge instead of lying to their faces and then accusing them of being irresponsible, because, as far as I know, they wouldn't have to take care of me if they didn't want to."

"But your whole mission is to protect humanity!" You protested.

"Yes. From us, not from yourselves." She leaned forward.

You were just about to explode. "Shut up!"

And so was Garnet. "You shut up."

You grunted. "Make me!"

All the sudden, her features softened. She used not even a small percentage of her strength to grab you by your shirt's collar and pushed you towards her. "You have no idea about what or who you're talking to."

You tried to release yourself in vain. "Let me go!"

Instead of doing so, she raised her arms, making you hang in the air. "Not until you hush."

"What the hell?!" You tried your best to scape, but it was useless. "You will, 'cause I won't."

"I really don't want to make you quiet." She insisted.

"What are you going to do? Punch me? Go on, Steven will heal me afterwards anyway."

She groaned and couldn't take no more, then pushed you against her with all her might.

Making your lips collide, she held your head steady. You tried to pull away several times, but again, you failed miserably.

That was until she finally released you from her arms, thinking you'd immediately back off and run away. You didn't, you kept the kiss going, and circled your arms around her so you could hang from Garnet and not your shirt.

That caught Garnet off-guard, making her stumble and, in her fall, seating on the couch with you above her.

You held her cheeks as you kept kissing her lips, still not realizing she wasn't forcing you to anything any longer, still not realizing you were the one doing all of it.

Still not realizing you were moving your hips along her lap, pushing her backwards so you could lie on top of her.

And she followed you, taking her hands to your back, her gems massaging it softly. She moved them up and down, in sync with your body.

Out of nowhere, you felt her biting your bottom lip, which made you 'wake up'.

You opened your eyes slowly to witness the scene you yourself created, with Garnet breathing heavily below you and your hands exploring the edges of your clothing.

You knew exactly how you had subconsciously wanted that to end, and you felt disgusted about it.

But Garnet? She was wavering, literally wavering. Trembling as hugging herself.

You were about to say many, many things, but she made you forget all of the words with hers.

"I'm truly sorry... I don't know what happened." She looked around manically, and only breathed once she assured nobody else had a single clue to what had happened.

You felt your heart about to leave the rib cage it had always been prisoner of. "It... It worked, didn't it?" You scratched your neck. "I'd say I was pretty quiet."

Was she really smiling?

Were you really returning it?

Why was she walking closer?

Why were you as well?

It was too late to question anything once her waist was at reach. You held it ever so tightly, and kissed that woman as passionately as you could.