Love Letters

Welp, this is based on the episode "Love Letters" (the Jamie one). G/N reader too :) Enjoy!

________

"Why do we even need a babysitter?" Steven questioned as he attempted to take a selfie with Connie, though their method proved less than accurate.

"Maybe because you guys can't set a timer for a photo or even ask me to take it?" You approached them.

"We have our ways," Steven protested. "You only agreed to watch over us because Garnet told you to."

You chuckled. "She can see the future, why would I disobey her?"

"That's a fair point," Connie admitted, then handed you the phone.

"Heh, you guys look cute." You heard voice behind you.

Steven's shout interrupted your thoughts. "Jamie!"

A guy who, by his appearance, you guessed was the mailman, approached the three of you with a smile. "What's up, Steven? Long time no see," the mentioned Jamie replied.

"Oh my gosh!" Steven exclaimed as he raised his hand for a high-five.

"Greetings, Steven's friends," Jamie added, briefly bowing to both Connie and you.

You smiled awkwardly. He seemed nice enough, but there was something about him that just didn't feel right.

"So, where have you been?" Steven asked with a wide grin.

"Oh, you know, just spending some time where all the big pictures are made," Jamie answered with a hint of pride.

Steven seemed puzzled. "Uh, where's that?"

"In a little place called Kansas," Jamie gestured dramatically.

Connie smiled. "Oh! Are you an aspiring thespian?"

Jamie's grin grew wider. "Why, yes, I am."

You couldn't help but think there was something odd about him. Was he always so...? Never mind, rude words are mean.

"Wow! I didn't know you wanted to be an actor!" Steven added. Were you the only one not getting the point of the whole conversation?

"That's because," he turned around dramatically. "I'm very good at acting."

Oh, come on.

He couldn't be serious.

You discreetly rolled your eyes as Steven and Connie applauded. Maybe he was the guy you had to supervise Steven and Connie from, the reason Garnet asked you to keep an eye on them.

"Is that why you're wearing those cool glasses that say 'movie star'?" Steven inquired.

Jamie blushed. "Well, no, I just bought these at a regular shop. I missed being a regular old mailman, so I just came back." He finished his sentence and placed a very large bag on the sand. "And, uh, you got a lot of mail while I was gone."

"It looks like the postal service has been slacking off," Connie remarked.

Steven shrugged, "Jamie is the only mailman who knows where I live."

"I'm going to need a lot of signatures as well," Jamie warned, holding his tablet in his hands, prompting Steven to crack his knuckles. Well, they didn't make any sound, maybe he was warming them up?

"Your knuckles are so quiet," Connie admired.

"My hands are polite," he responded, returning her smile.

"Oh! Garnet!" Connie exclaimed, making everyone turn to see the figure emerging from the water.

You slightly jumped in your place, fixing your gaze at Garnet's beautiful silhouette rising from the sea.