Cotton Candy

This is placed in 'Steven Universe: The Movie', when Garnet fused after loosing her memory. Enjoy!

Thought this would turn out better but eh I'll just use school as an excuse.

————

"What am I supposed to do? And why me? You guys know much more about Garnet than I do," you asked concerned.

Looking back, Steven admired a differently colored-schemed Garnet playing with the butterflies flying by.

"Just wait until I find Amethyst, take her to the beach house or something," Steven answered, looking over your shoulder to see Garnet, who was admiring herself, her environment, and occasionally stealing glances at both of you. "If she doesn't get her memory from fusing back, I don't know what will, but I'm sure you'll be able to remind her," he added.

You took her home, that must make her remember everything, right? It was surprisingly easy to get her to follow you.

"Ooh," Garnet muttered as she appreciated the spork she found on the dining table.

"That's my favorite piece of silverware," you smiled.

"Silverware..." She mumbled to herself in awe.

"Yeah..." You sat down on the couch as she continued looming through the living room.

She found pictures on the walls with you and 'actual' Garnet on them. "Who is this with you?" She asked. You still were getting used to her being able to ask questions. And it somewhat hurt you that she didn't know.

"If I told you, you wouldn't believe me." You replied, rubbing your shoulder.

"Surprise me, I love surprises!" She continued admiring them. You wanted to hug her, you missed Garnet so bad.

"It's kinda hard to explain." You muttered, taking a seat on the couch. "Let's move onto something else." You insisted.

"Come on, just tell me already," she persisted, and it didn't look like she was stopping any sooner.

You stuttered. "Uh... Well, it's you, but, uh, 'future' you, if that makes sense." The room felt hot all the sudden. "Um, that boy earlier with us, he's Steven, and he's... Well, was? Basically everything to you."

She shook her head, clearly not believing anything that you just said. "Yeah, right, and who are you then?"

You struggled. "Well, uh- you see- um." You took a deep breath, moving your hands together. "Your partner?"

With all her three eyes wide open, she looked to her palms and said, "N-no. No I'm not... I- I can't-"

"Yeah, I used to think the same." You scratched your neck. "But, it's true, and it's been a couple years now."

She kept shaking her head. "It's- It's not- I... She wouldn't- Would I?"

"We've gone through this already." You interrupted. "Ruby and Sapphire still love each other. But you love- You used to love me, and I did too."

With her eyes widened in hesitation, she disagreed once more. "Is this some kind of joke? I don't like mean jokes."

You sighed, you didn't know how was it that you weren't crying already. "I-I'm sorry, you're right." You stood up and walked to the kitchen, were you grabbed a cold glass of water.

Without returning your gaze in the slightest, Garnet scratched her arm as deeply in thought.

"I understand, this is all a lot. Believe me, you can't imagine how it is for me." You chuckled to try to relieve the stress, it didn't work. "But I'm not lying, can't you think of a way I can prove that to you?" You took a seat in front of her.

She didn't trust you any longer, she was hurt, but ultimately, she didn't have a choice, did she? "I don't know me. How are you supposed to know me?"

Taking in a deep breath, you replied. "I guess that's true, I don't know a thing about your... cotton candy state. But I do know about you, like, you're a fusion between a Ruby and a Sapphire-"

She interrupted you. "You know that 'cause you saw it."

You sighed. "Fair enough. Well, your gems are in your palms-"

"That was obvious." She cut you off yet again.

"You're gay?" You shrugged.

She tilted her head. "What does that mean?"

Muffling your stress into the pillow next to you, you let yourself lay down in the other side of the couch.

"Fine, you win, I don't know anything about you in this precise moment. But don't you see you're the same as this gorgeous gem right here?" You pointed to one of the Garnet canvases from the living room.

She shook her head. "I wish I looked as confident as her... I don't feel certain about anything anymore."

That's it, you lost your girlfriend forever and there was nothing you could do about it.

"Doesn't anything from here at all look remotely familiar at all? Please, try your hardest." You pleaded.

"You've been ringing a bell since the moment my eyes set on you, but I can't quite figure what it is." She looked down at her palms.

Were you her missing piece? And if so, what were you supposed to do?

"I... I'm starting to believe you, actually." She added.

Her gaze returned yours, her beautiful multicolored eyes sparkling as meeting your desperate ones.

"Do you remember anything? Anything at all?" You took hold of her hands, although it didn't feel like the correct thing to do.

Her glance backed away, fixating in the paintings hanging all around the room, where she found herself and the rest of the crystal gems, she didn't know that though.

She looked down as talking. "I just see this... pink presence, and I feel warm. But, then it goes away, and I feel cold. Until, the pink returns, but it's cyan now. And I feel... I feel... Garnet."

"So... Would it be okay if I called you Garnet?" Your grip slightly tightened.

She smiled at your words. "Yes. Yes, I'd like that. I'd like that a lot."

"Well, Garnet, do you remember anything else?" You scooped closer.

She gulped. "I- I don't know. It's not a memory, there are just so many thoughts going through my head so fast..."

"It's okay. Tell me about those thoughts." You took her hands closer to you.

She faced away. "You said you were my... Partner?"

You moved your fingers to her chin and made her look at you, the nodded warmly.

She leaned in so slowly you couldn't tell what she was going to do, so you closed your eyes and hoped for the best. Then you felt a soft pair of lips caressing your forehead. They weren't leaving, and when they did, they did sluggishly.

You felt a familiar tickling, and it made you wonder if she did that in purpose.

With the ability to foresee the future, you knew exactly what you had to do to bring your beloved back.

Once she opened her glowing eyes back, you took hold of her cheeks and pulled her in for the sweetest kiss you could give her.

It took a few seconds, but you didn't have time to pull away from the kiss when she started glowing blindingly.

You barely had opened your eyes when you found the love of your life giggling as being sat on top of you, filling your face with sweet little kisses.