Chapter 19- Finally Happy

Chapter 19

The cell was small. The walls were smooth and white. There was no window. Instead of bars, there were beams of force field to keep me in.

The two men tried to explain the cell to me.

“It’s not really keeping you in.”

“Keeping danger out.”
“You’re a special person.”

“We need to know you’re safe.”

I sat down in the middle of the floor,

“Okay.”

They frowned at one another before leaving me alone.

I buried my face into my hands and tried not to think of the Doctor.

If he took my word and never came back to save me, maybe I wouldn’t hurt as much.

I tried to think of a life without him. What would my life have been like if I hadn’t run into the TARDIS doors that day? I would never have met him. I probably would have lived a normal life.

Normal lives were boring though. Getting married and having kids, I always hated the thought of that. I never really wanted a child.

Meeting the Doctor was a breath of fresh air. It was something I still couldn’t believe. I’d fallen in love with him.

Now I’d just pushed him away. I’d just told him not to come and save me.

My heart broke a tiny bit more.

I stretched out on the floor and sighed. I was good at making mistakes. It was my biggest flaw.

I just thought about things too much.

Don’t think. Do.

I stood up, and looked around the cell. This wasn’t meant to keep me in. It was meant to keep people out and keep me safe.

There had to be an exit for me somewhere. I ran my hands along the walls to see if I could find a door, a button, anything.

It was no use. The walls were smooth. There wasn’t a single flaw in them.

Apart from… a small indentation.

I pushed my hand against it. A small doorway formed in front of me as that part of the wall slid away.

In front of me was another long, white corridor. How big was this spaceship? I began to run down it as quickly as I could. It seemed endless.

Finally I found myself in front of a door. I tried the handle, but it was locked. Great. I couldn’t get any further.

A thought occurred to me, and I took a step back from the door. I prepared myself, before raising my leg and kicking to door down.

Who would have thought I could kick a door down?

Ahead of me, I could hear a voice I recognised.

“Why won’t you tell me who she is? I need to know.”

The Doctor.

Someone replied,

“This talk is over, Doctor. Now please make your way back to the TARDIS and leave.”

“Without Willow?”

“She said herself she didn’t want you to save her. She is our property now. Please just leave the spaceship.”

Several chairs scraped on the floor, and I heard people leaving the room.

I waited until the last footsteps faded away, and I walked into the room. There was a large table in the middle with chairs all around.

I quickly made my way towards the door and walked through it, checking both sides of the corridor to see if anyone was there.

I broke into a run. I had to be as quick as I could if that man said I was his property.

I could see the TARDIS. If I went inside there, I would be safe.

As soon as I was there, I flew the doors open and jumped inside. I slammed the doors shut behind me. I looked around,

“Doctor?”

He wasn’t in there.

Had he tried to save me? I groaned. No. He couldn’t have gone to save me. What if he thought I’d abandoned him?

I sat down on the steps. It was a similar scene to where I’d been earlier. Except the Doctor wasn’t there. And I wasn’t thinking of ways to heal my broken heart.

The handle of the TARDIS doors rattled. I gasped and stood up, wondering where to go and hide.

The doors flung open, and standing there was the Doctor. He looked at me in shock,

“Willow? How did you get in here?”

I stepped towards him,
“I ran. I couldn’t bear to be without you in that cell. I wasn’t sure if I’d find you.”

His green eyes met mine. My heart pounded in my chest. I tried to smile, but I wasn’t sure if I could.

Don't think. Do.

Finally, after wishing I could for so long, I crushed my lips against his.

Fireworks exploded inside my chest. I ran my hands through his hair, no longer caring about his wife. This was it. The kiss I’d longed for.

I pulled away,

“You don’t understand how long I’ve wanted that.”

I kissed him again, more intensely this time. Everything felt so perfect. I was so sure I was flying.

I could feel my broken heart healing quickly. I wasn’t upset anymore. I was happy.

I was in love.