Chapter 2- The Police Box

Chapter 2

My eyes fluttered open and I let out a groan. My head was throbbing. My feet were sore. My night had been terrible.

I sat up in a daze, and realised what I’d run into. A police box.

I’d never seen the point of them. What were they for? Nevertheless, if I knocked and went in, at least I’d be safe from the freaky guy.

I stood up, brushing myself off.

I probably looked a mess. I raised my hand up to my head and touched the small lump at the front. It hurt.

I gingerly reached my hand towards the door and knocked.

No one answered. I frowned. It was such a small box; surely whoever was in there would have heard?

I reached out my hand to knock again when I panicked- what if the freaky guy was approaching me? I had to get inside.

I turned the handle and tumbled into the box. I landed with a thump back on the floor.

“Ouch.”

I shut my eyes for a moment, trying to ignore my aching body.

“Hello.”

My eyes snapped open and I sat up. A man was standing in front of me. He didn’t look like a policeman. He wore a brown tweed suit with breeches and a bowtie. His face looked confused.

I gulped,

“You’re not a policeman…”

He pondered for a second,

“No. I suppose I’m not.”

“Then why are you in a police box? Actually, don’t answer that. My head hurts.”

He looked at my head,

“What did you bang it against?”

I groaned,

“Your police box. I hope you can lock this thing by the way. Some creepy guy was chasing after me and I’m pretty sure he’d look in here.”

He reached out his hand to help me up,

“I always told everyone being able to lock it from the inside was useful.”

I pulled myself up,

“Thank you.”
“What sort of ‘creepy guy’?”

I opened my mouth when all of a sudden- with no warning- I passed out.