1

SLIPPING THROUGH MY FINGERS

・゚ ONE

CRISTINA followed her mother out of the house, dragging along her bag that was full of every piece of summer clothing she owned. It was time for her family to make their annual trip to their lake house for the summer, just like they've been doing for the past 10 years. The Hughes' and Ivy' families have been friends since before Cristina could remember, not only did they live four houses down from each other in the city of Toronto, but they also had neighbouring lake houses in Michigan.

The car was packed with the Ivy parents, Cristina, Samantha, and Cristina's best friend, Jessica. She had been coming with them for the last five summers, since they became best friends in the 7th grade. " Can you like, move over", Cristina complained to her little sister. The eldest Ivy sibling voted to take the middle seat, since it was her best friend coming with them, but it didn't make any difference. Jessica was like a third child to the family, and was also familiar with the Hughes family.

Samantha ignored her sister, getting herself comfortable for the somewhat long drive. The Hughes family arrived the day before, always wanting to get there first. Obviously Jack, Quinn and Luke were there, but also their friends. Cole, Trevor, and Ethan. Luke had met Ethan in his first year of University at Michigan, and claims he's the most interesting person he knows. It also helps that Jack knows him as well, since he would be playing for the devils after he's done university.

Luke and Cristina were the closest out of all the kids, only because, well there was no specific reason. They had always been friends, and even dated in highschool. But he broke up with her, because he was leaving for university, and Cristina being a year younger, she wouldn't be tagging along. It never made sense to her, since she was going to the university of Michigan after this summer, but she didn't want to argue with him if he thought it was the best option for himself at the time. Even when they broke up, they still spoke, just not as often. They hadn't talked in over two weeks, even though he's been home for almost a month.

They were each other's first everything, which gave her a weird feeling in her stomach. Not a bad feeling, just like he had some sort of power over her. But Luke, only had respect for Cristina. He would do anything for her, then, and now.

" Maybe you and Luke will get back together this summer, sweetie", her dad said as they began the drive. Samantha laughed, her mom glaring at her, " Nothings funny, Samantha. It was a genuine statement",

" Yeah, whatever. Probably not", Cristina shrugged. Jessica gave her a comforting smile, the two looking at something on her phone. Jessica attended school with Luke and Cristina, and was there all through their relationship. They were all friends, and it almost hurt her when they broke up. But she knows that eventually they will get back together, even if it's when they are old and dying.

There was a small part of Cristina that hoped what her dad said would come true, but there was also a part of her saying, if it didn't work out the first time, it won't work out again.