Chapter 5

deku pov fart

deku pov fart

  The fog cleared just in time for Deku to ride along the sidewalk to the school. Ever since Tara posted that photo of Teriyaki and Bakugo making out, I couldn't help but recall our moments together. Did he only see me as a classmate? I couldn't think about it too much. It would ruin me, ruin everything.
   I rode on my worn bicycle towards the parking spot of the high school, noticing the iced sign from yesterday's freeze. It was still and cold, wearing out the letters reading, "MHA High".
    My head hung low as I walked past the withering grass, greeted by nothing but stones and bricks before me. I could only think and feel lost. What am I without Bakugo? The slightest glance from him made me buckle my knees, I can't contain my love for him. What should I do? These thoughts hung tightly on a string in my head, pounding against my skull.
  My legs carried me to a small spot in the library, a desk crowded by bookshelves in the romance section. I always spent my time pondering upon books of interest, it kept me busy until the bell rang.
   I began reading and I was lost in the fake reality, the tight string falling apart and being replaced by a reverie. It was so refreshing, like my mind was just filled with iced lemonade on a hot summer day. Barraged by a sudden worry of thoughts, I closed the book and checked the time. I was already late as the bell rang in my ears.
Shoot.
I muttered hurriedly under my breath, rushing out of the library with my bag. I couldn't get detention, not like this. Adrenaline filled my legs as I rushed through the hallways, eyesight not steering ahead as I bumped into something.
   "Hey," the person cried, "watch where you're going!"
  My vision was regained as I noticed who I bumped into, none other than the Teriyaki himself.
Disgust and anger filled every vein I had in me each second I took hold of his eyes. They were as dirty as dark skies filled with damp tears from clouds. I couldn't look any longer.
   "Sorry," was all I could mutter as I rushed off, running to class. I didn't dare look back, my eyes close to forming tears.