chapter eight

˚ ₊ ♡ ❰ chapter 8 ❱ ⋆ ✰ ₊˚.༄
˚ ₊ ♡ ❰  𝙰𝙱𝙾𝚄𝚃 𝚈𝙾𝚄  ❱ ˖⋆࿐໋ ⋆
⋆⋅ ━━━━ ‧ ༻✩༺ ‧ ━━━━ ⋅⋆
— in which tensions arise between
lani and callum as they struggle to
balance out the fight between their
platonic or romantic connection.
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

            . ˚  ⁺ .  ✦ .  . ✦ .⁺ ˚ .   
. ✦ .  ⁺  . ✦ .    
✦  ✦ 

i kept you all waiting too long. here you go.

(please don't be dry readers this chapter, after a situation that happened i completely lost all my motivation. however i really want to be back for good, and all of your kind and funny comments motivate me to continue on 💞💞)

                                            THE AFTERMATH OF THE pda awards had affected lani severely, still an hour later and she was crying in molly's arms up on the terrace. arabella, kaz, and sophie sat with them, whispering reassuring words to the young woman and listening to her as she ranted.

"babes, this isn't your fault," arabella said for what felt like the tenth time that minute, hating the way lani was blaming herself for how she was feeling.

"but it is though!" lani sobbed, wiping her eyes as sophie grabbed ahold of her hands. "if i hadn't of fallen for it and took him back then i wouldn't be hurt right now! i just- i'm such an idiot!"

"lani, you had no idea," molly assured. "he's a dick for cheating on you in the first place, and she's the bitch for not telling you!"

"this isn't your fault," kaz reasoned, her voice soft.

she hiccuped through her sobs, feeling molly begin to rub her back comfortingly. "i fucking knew that something was u-up with them and i just couldn't put my finger on it and i- fuck. i should've known. how did i not put the pieces together? it was there right in front of my fucking eyes!"

"the same way none of us knew," sophie said. "did you see everyone's faces when georgia said it? lani, we were all surprised. you were not the only blind one; we all were."

lani glared at the ground, her jaw clenched as her breathing started to become uneven. "i don't want anything to do with them - they can fuck off out of my life if they even think for a second i'm going to forgive them. i just- i- who does that to a girl? it's fucking mad. actually playing a game, the both of them. perfect for each other 'cause they're both a pair of cunts. match made in fucking hell."

the girls snorted at her angered rants, but quickly regained themselves when the tears started to fall down harsher, images of hurt flashing across her eyes.

"it's just... why is it always me?" lani whispered, a part of her voice breaking as molly sighed, resting her head on her shoulder. "why do i let myself get hurt by all these boys? i'm just... a fucking idiot."  

kaz went to open her mouth to say something else, but was cut off by the terrace door slowly opening. all the girls - apart from lani who had covered her hands over her face and cried to herself - snapped their heads around to see who their intruder was, soft smiles casting across their faces.

"lulu?" callum softly asked, her hands falling from her face as she looked up at him.

"we'll leave you guys to it," kaz muttered, grabbing ahold of arabella's hand whilst walking back inside the villa as the others followed behind her — molly sending callum a teasing smile on her way past.